OT: - Ryder Cup | The Boneyard

OT: Ryder Cup

Reaction Score
Who's getting up early tomorrow to watch The Ryder Cup? The pairings for the open session were just announced. First set of matches are foursomes. No Koepka or JT/Spieth is a little interesting.

Match 1
Scottie Scheffler/Sam Burns vs. Jon Rahm/Tyrell Hatton

Match 2
Max Homa/Brian Harman vs. Viktor Hovland/Ludvig Aberg

Match 3
Rickie Fowler/Colin Morikawa vs. Shane Lowry/Sepp Straka

Match 4
Xander Schauffele/Patrick Cantlay vs. Rory McIlroy/Tommy Fleetwood

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
Harmon and Burns have been good match play guys

Fowler/Morikowa is the only head scratcher for me ... but at least they get Europe's weakest team

don't mind keeping JT/Spieth out of the foursomes

Reaction Score
Huge golf fan…..don’t think I could care any less about this. Ryder Cup has completely lost its luster with all the fake emotion and demonstrations. Used to be must see, now it’s eh

Instead, I’ll be playing w a former Ryder Cup player tomorrow

Reaction Score
JT and Spieth are not in best form(especially JT) so makes sense they are sitting in the more unforgiving foursome format. Wyndham Clark is the worst driver in the field so that made him more of a fit for fourball in the afternoon. As for Koepka, the guys on the Golf Channel said that his last four LIV starts were pretty bad. Best finish was like 38th or something like that in a weak LIV field. Never watched LIV, but the talent pool isn't all that deep so it sounds like he hasn't exactly been striping it lately. It sounds like all 12 players will play Friday so maybe Koepka goes out with Scheffler or Ckark in the afternoon. Scheffler has a new putting coach(he needed one) but it appears to be a work in progress. Was watching him practice with the coach on the practice green in Rome and he missed like 4 out of 6 from like 4 feet. Tough time to change things up even if necessary. The Euros set the greens really slow in Rome as well.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Europe- 15 1/2
USA- 12 1/2

Hovland is the breakout star.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
JT and Spieth are not in best form(especially JT) so makes sense they are sitting in the more unforgiving foursome format. Wyndham Clark is the worst driver in the field so that made him more of a fit for fourball in the afternoon. As for Koepka, the guys on the Golf Channel said that his last four LIV starts were pretty bad. Best finish was like 38th or something like that in a weak LIV field. Never watched LIV, but the talent pool isn't all that deep so it sounds like he hasn't exactly been striping it lately. It sounds like all 12 players will play Friday so maybe Koepka goes out with Scheffler or Ckark in the afternoon. Scheffler has a new putting coach(he needed one) but it appears to be a work in progress. Was watching him practice with the coach on the practice green in Rome and he missed like 4 out of 6 from like 4 feet. Tough time to change things up even if necessary. The Euros set the greens really slow in Rome as well.
Bryson would have torn up this course ... oh well

Reaction Score
Hovland/Hatton vs Thomas/Spieth
Rahm/Hojgaard vs Scheffler/Koepka
Macintyre/Rose vs Homa/Clark
McIlroy/Fitzpatrick vs Morikawa/Schauffele

Reaction Score
Imagine playing all morning and never having red on the board? Lol Zach pushing all the right buttons.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No, New Jersey.

Dont Get It Fran Healy GIF by Travis

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
C'mon GB. Stop being vague and tell us who it is. Tiger? Must be Steve Pate.
I was gonna go with Scott Verplank, but Pate is a fine guess.
Hate to say it but I love Rahms game.
The hole in for eagle required some luck, but the 33 ft putt for eagle was sheer stones.

Play like that is why I watch. Don't really care who wins, just want to see amazing golf under pressure. And it's all pressure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom