Ryan Boatrignt Fan Club | The Boneyard

Ryan Boatrignt Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wish the students would cheer him like they are out of their minds during the rest of our home games. That's after every shot, assist rebound, etc.. Give him a send off like no other player at UConn. Bring the signs, shirts, jerseys, etc... Yes, I'm talking about cheering him on above and beyond than the team.

We fans need to put a smile on his face and encourage him by showing UConn love. We can't have a talented Senior looking like this or worse leaving us like this:

750x422

Reaction Score
Boat can hold his head high regardless of what happens this season. He may not be the best player to wear a UConn his jersey but his transformation from the middle of last year on is one of the best I have seen. Boat is a warrior, a champion, and by coming back for his senior year, a legitimate NBA prospect. It took some time, but this young man swallowed his pride, bought into the program and will realize his lifelong dream because of it.

Reaction Score
I wish the students would cheer him like they are out of their minds during the rest of our home games. That's after every shot, assist rebound, etc.. Give him a send off like no other player at UConn. Bring the signs, shirts, jerseys, etc... Yes, I'm talking about cheering him on above and beyond than the team.

We fans need to put a smile on his face and encourage him by showing UConn love. We can't have a talented Senior looking like this or worse leaving us like this:

750x422

"Every picture tells a story don't it?"

Reaction Score
Been the biggest Boat fan in the world since the second he stepped on campus. He's been extremely kind to me through the years, at football tailgates/bars he'd tell the new guys on the team "this guy is one of the most loyal fans i've ever met." As a senior it's an emotional year for both of us as it's the last year I'll be able to watch games as a student. I feel absolutely terrible for Boat about the way the season is going. However, Boat would be the first to tell you that anything short of a deep post season run is a failure. He's never going to give up on his team, so neither will I. Dreading the day that we will start "Ryan Boatright" chants during senior night because it will likely be the last time I ever see Boat play in a UConn uniform in person. Thanks for everything Boat.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No Boat = no 4th national championship. What more can you say about a player? We ought to think about how to send him off at the last home game. Maybe a "Thank -you- Ry-an" chant and a deafening and prolonged standing O when he leaves the court for the final time. Boat's a warrior who has played through injury and played his heart out for us. We ought to figure out a way to let him know that we appreciate him.

Reaction Score
Boat is a warrior and a Champion. He gives everything he has. He needs a Robin. Last night Cincy decided to take him out of the first half and let others beat them. Someone else needed to step up.

Boat needs consistent help.

I've said this in other threads and I'll say it again here ....there is way too much talent on this team to have the lapses we are seeing.

I realize that many new players had to learn to play together and I know that it takes time. But we are 20 games in and we are still seeing so many turnovers, bad shots, bad fouls and sloppy passes. How many possessions a game we don't even get a shot. Geez I wonder why we struggle to score 60-when we can't get a shot off 15 times a game.

They have to clean this up going forward.

I haven't given up on this year. But I also want to know what we have going forward. On paper we have talent-talent good enough to win.

I like others get frustrated with the play of guys that I thought we were counting on game in and game out. Nobody this side of KO wants to see them succeed more than me.
I realize we are short another ballhandler and 3 pt shooter-but we still have enough talent to win.

We just need to see it on a more consistent basis on the court.

Reaction Score
No dispute as to Boat's overall value to our program, and he leaves it all on the floor effort wise. Remember that when he has a bad half or game that both Kemba and Bazz had them too. I don't want to see him go out in the NIT, that would hurt.

Reaction Score
No Boat = no 4th national championship. What more can you say about a player? We ought to think about how to send him off at the last home game. Maybe a "Thank -you- Ry-an" chant and a deafening and prolonged standing O when he leaves the court for the final time. Boat's a warrior who has played through injury and played his heart out for us. We ought to figure out a way to let him know that we appreciate him.

Maybe mom needs to comeback and pull the rope for his jersey unveiling? Would seem fitting, great career no matter how this year ends.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Boat's legacy will be felt over the next two years as this team coalesces into a contender.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Last remaining member of one of the best recruiting classes UConn has ever had (Drummond, Daniels, Boat), last remaining player to have played under Jim Calhoun, stuck with the program through its lowest low in its history, a member of the greatest backcourt duo we've ever seen at UConn, played a huge role in a national championship run, returned for his senior year to teach a group of young talent what it takes to win and be successful at UConn, and hopefully his leadership this year will cumulate in successful teams the next few years. Ryan Boatright is a legend. A warrior. I love the kid so much and really hope that he gets drafted and finds success in the NBA. He deserves it. A legendary UConn career. I just hope something magical happens and we hear our name called on Selection Sunday. For Boat's sake.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe mom needs to comeback and pull the rope for his jersey unveiling? Would seem fitting, great career no matter how this year ends.
Are you certain he'll make the wall of fame at graduation? I'm not.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain what he said that was disturbing? Was it inference which I can't see. Please help clarify, because all I read is a frustrated player speaking out of emotion and not holding back. Furthermore he's certainly qualified as a Senior and our leader to speak his mind.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I like Boat a lot as an individual player, but the thing this team needs is a leader and I don't see that in him. He's forcing shots and not taking care of the ball. With his ability to break down most defenders in the country, he should be getting into the lane and then finding others when the help D comes. I was very disappointed with his play yesterday. I'm not questioning his heart or warrior heart, just his ability to lead. This team looks rudderless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom