Rudy On The Verge Of Being Shipped Out | The Boneyard

Rudy On The Verge Of Being Shipped Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JustHusky

You know, I have agreed that Rudy hasn't exactly melded well with the current Memphis style offense, and that he isn't exactly having his best season, but if it's between staying and Toronto? Jeez, Toronto Raptors, or Memphis, poor Rudy.

Reaction Score
Memphis is said to be getting ed davis and jose calderon for Gay? Wow now that is a crappy trade, hopefully some 1st rounders get thrown in with Terrance Ross or Demar Derozen. Poor Rudy, he is probobly just waiting until his contract expires so he can leave.

Reaction Score
Memphis is said to be getting ed davis and jose calderon for Gay? Wow now that is a crappy trade, hopefully some 1st rounders get thrown in with Terrance Ross or Demar Derozen. Poor Rudy, he is probobly just waiting until his contract expires so he can leave.

I don't think Memphis wants Calderon, they're trying to find a 3rd team to take him. They wanted Ross but Tor declared him untouchable, Ed Davis is actually pretty good and puts up good numbers in limited minutes, for some reason Casey doesn't play him much tho. With a big man rotation of Randolph/Gasol/Arthur minutes would be hard to get for him in Mem and doesn't really help Mem since they're biggest need after this deal is perimeter scoring.

Reaction Score
This doesn't make since. Best prospects on the Raptors are wings, Derozan and Ross. Best players on Grizzlies are Gasol and Randolph. So the Raptors acquire another wing, and the Grizzlies acquire another big. Ok.

Reaction Score
Deal is done Rudy to Toronto official. Calderon is going to a 3rd team.

Reaction Score
A Raptors ring would be cool. If that is ever possible. Too bad they couldn't come up with a better team name.

Reaction Score
Poor Rudy? I thought he signed a huge contract a year or so ago?

Well, if you are competitive and want to win, then going to Toronto sucks! Eft the $.

If you want to be relevant in the NBA, you want to avoid Toronto. For Rudy, this would be like starting all over again. :(

Reaction Score
A Raptors ring would be cool. If that is ever possible. Too bad they couldn't come up with a better team name.

The name is great (look at my avatar). But it doesn't make sense geographically (like Utah Jazz.

Reaction Score
Trade is agreed on...calderon is either going to the mavs or pistons and in return memphis will be getting a prince/carter/maggette...wack trade for memphis. They make the most ridiculous moves that never help that franchise move forward. Atleast Rudy will be valued in Toronto and they do have a chance at making the playoffs with Lowry/Derozen/Gay.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8...gree-principle-trade-rudy-gay-toronto-raptors

J

JustHusky

Don't forget Bargnani too, that Raptors team is dangerous, championship contender in a few anybody?

Reaction Score
The duck outta here

I remember from around '99 thru '02 the Raptors with Vince Carter,Dell Curry etc. were a fun team; and because they were winning, the Toronto fan base was energized and their home court was a tough place for anybody to win. I hope, and I certainly don't know, that acquiring Rudy means the front office has a vision for that team. As I said, there was a time when watching them and seeing how excited their fans were(all the time) was great. Maybe Rudy will be the beginning...........

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT THE FRIARS!!!

Reaction Score
Isn't Toronto a graveyard? When are they ever on TV?

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I don't understand why Memphis would do this when they're in a position to challenge OKC/Clippers and Spurs. Is it because their a small market team? Where was Boston in this trade? Why didn't Memphis at least get some one to replicate Rudy's production ( v. Carter , etc.).

Reaction Score
Only concern of the Grizzlies owner s to get under the tax. Raptors are never going anywhere with Bargs. Ever.

Reaction Score
but honestly this is not that bad of a situation for Gay. Him, Lowry (good friends of Rudy's) and Derozen. That is a fun/athletic top 3 to watch. They need an enforcer in the paint though, should have drafted Drummond instead of Ross. haha

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I
but honestly this is not that bad of a situation for Gay. Him, Lowry (good friends of Rudy's) and Derozen. That is a fun/athletic top 3 to watch. They need an enforcer in the paint though, should have drafted Drummond instead of Ross. haha

I guess . It's just not good for a very good Uconn guy to be traded for a bag of peanuts like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom