Rudd Center for Food Policy Moves to UConn | The Boneyard

Rudd Center for Food Policy Moves to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Well there goes another AAU vote.

I don't think Yale cares about a 4-person non-profit. If Yale had been willing to fund them, they'd still be at Yale.

The way this works is that Yale and Harvard extend their name & brand to faculty and institutions and take money in exchange via "indirect cost" surcharges on their funding. Rudd got prestige by affiliating with Yale but it cost them. They may have been struggling to maintain funding -- probably were -- and so they could have lost everything. UConn came along and offered them a better deal. They took it.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
You had me at nationally recognized, research and external funding. Another line on the resume.

Reaction Score
This is good news. It looks like it happened because Yale didn't have all the necessary academic disciplines to support the Rudd Center. Obviously, Yale can be whatever it wants to be, but it didn't want to expand academic disciplines in certain core areas. Interesting, Yale was the first land-grant university in CT (1863) and the first ag school. It ceded its land-grant university status to UConn in 1893.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't think Yale cares about a 4-person non-profit. If Yale had been willing to fund them, they'd still be at Yale.

The way this works is that Yale and Harvard extend their name & brand to faculty and institutions and take money in exchange via "indirect cost" surcharges on their funding. Rudd got prestige by affiliating with Yale but it cost them. They may have been struggling to maintain funding -- probably were -- and so they could have lost everything. UConn came along and offered them a better deal. They took it.
Interesting. My comment was tongue-in-cheek but I didn't know how these associations worked.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If we can cure obesity, we're as good as in the Big Ten or ACC.

If we can cure that, and find a way to shorten the lines at DisneyWorld, we're in the SEC, boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom