RU schedule post | Page 2 | The Boneyard

RU schedule post

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've been to Jersey dozens of times. Newark by and large is a dump. Atlantic City is a dumpster fire. Camden was my first experience witnessing the after effects domestic violence (in a hotel lobby no less).

South Jersey is nice, but when people think of NJ, they are thinking of North Jersey. In the areas where people actually live, it smells like a sewer. Like Florida has its rap, NJ has its, and it's well earned. It's a Joisey thing.
Lol, you have no idea.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I've been to Jersey dozens of times. Newark by and large is a dump. Atlantic City is a dumpster fire. Camden was my first experience witnessing the after effects of domestic violence (in a hotel lobby no less).

South Jersey is nice, but when people think of NJ, they are thinking of North Jersey. In the areas where people actually live, it smells like a sewer. Like Florida has its rap, NJ has its, and it's well earned. It's a Joisey thing.

For a state like Connecticut that has endless s-holes, Nutmeggers sure do love taking shots at NJ. Glass houses much?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For a state like Connecticut that has endless s-holes, Nutmeggers sure do love taking shots at NJ. Glass houses much?
It's just funny. As I said to Shiz, they just have no idea. It's fine.

Reaction Score
I've been to Jersey dozens of times. Newark by and large is a dump. Atlantic City is a dumpster fire. Camden was my first experience witnessing the after effects of domestic violence (in a hotel lobby no less).

Lmao

Reaction Score
Meh, I would classify New Brunswick as "middle Jersey" at best. Yeah, as I noted above I thought it was funny.
There is a mysterious area In Jersey we’re Yankee and Giant stuff magically turns into Philly and Eagle Stuff
Absolutely right - as someone that is born and raised in NJ. Mid or central NJ isn’t a thing

New Brunswick is smack in the middle of Central Jersey, which is 100% a thing, and has been forever. Bazz4A, this is complete (i'm assuming) North Jersey ignorance. Central Jersey goes from about Woodbridge to Trenton. above that is 99% New York allegiance, below that 99% Philly. Within Central Jersey it phases from NY to Philly. You get both local teams broadcasts on your cable. This is not complicated stuff. The state has a Central Jersey bracket for sports and always has had one.

Also - while New Brunswick is not beautiful, it's a lot of fun. The video is a great idea.

Reaction Score
New Brunswick is smack in the middle of Central Jersey, which is 100% a thing, and has been forever. Bazz4A, this is complete (i'm assuming) North Jersey ignorance. Central Jersey goes from about Woodbridge to Trenton. above that is 99% New York allegiance, below that 99% Philly. Within Central Jersey it phases from NY to Philly. You get both local teams broadcasts on your cable. This is not complicated stuff. The state has a Central Jersey bracket for sports and always has had one.

Also - while New Brunswick is not beautiful, it's a lot of fun. The video is a great idea.
I grew up taking the train in to NY from the New Brunswick station in the summers with my dad when he was working for the day. I grew up just down 27 from there (plus a bit more). It’s north Jersey. None of us from the area call it central.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Post/Handle

Reaction Score

Clueless

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I grew up taking the train in to NY from the New Brunswick station in the summers with my dad when he was working for the day. I grew up just down 27 from there (plus a bit more). It’s north Jersey. None of us from the area call it central.

Anecdotally, I feel like most central NJ people like that they have their own "region" as opposed to being grouped as North or South.

Reaction Score
Well, it looks like our New Jersey friends have moved on from trying to justify their existence with Connecticut NBA players. I actually thought this was funny.

It does make RU look like a crap hole though.

I mean it is in Piscataway, NJ.

Reaction Score
I think its great and the best thing they've done since hiring Pikiell. What do you have against North Jersey? And its greatest claim to fame besides the smell off the Tpke?

I wouldn't want to make a video driving around Mansfield. Thats for damn sure.

If Seton Hall was smart they wouldve done it first. They have a better claim.
Meh The Soprano’s did it way better.

Reaction Score
Pssh, it's not so much a believe thing as in acknowledge thing. (Then again, I have camped in the pine barrens. It is undeniably creepy there.) Now the better question is why isn't Rutgers called the Jersey Devils? Scarlet Knights sounds like a movie title.
I hope you didn’t run into the Russian interior decorator that Paulie and Christopher were chasing.

Reaction Score
I grew up in Edison and South Brunswick. In both areas, "we" call it Central Jersey. Both High schools were in the Central Jersey Group 4 state division for sports.

"At the southern edge of “the Brunswicks” of Central Jersey, South Brunswick is one of the state’s most desirable communities. With over 250 years of rich history, ease of access to the New Jersey Turnpike and New York City, and a spacious feel to its suburban neighborhoods, South Brunswick offers some of New Jersey’s best features at the very heart of the state."

"Edison is a township located in Middlesex County, in the U.S. state of New Jersey. Situated in Central New Jersey within the core of the state's Raritan Valley region, Edison is a commercial hub (home to Menlo Park Mall and Little India) and is a bedroom community of New York City within the New York metropolitan area.[19]"

Not really sure what else I need to do here.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I grew up in Edison and South Brunswick. In both areas, "we" call it Central Jersey. Both High schools were in the Central Jersey Group 4 state division for sports.

"At the southern edge of “the Brunswicks” of Central Jersey, South Brunswick is one of the state’s most desirable communities. With over 250 years of rich history, ease of access to the New Jersey Turnpike and New York City, and a spacious feel to its suburban neighborhoods, South Brunswick offers some of New Jersey’s best features at the very heart of the state."

"Edison is a township located in Middlesex County, in the U.S. state of New Jersey. Situated in Central New Jersey within the core of the state's Raritan Valley region, Edison is a commercial hub (home to Menlo Park Mall and Little India) and is a bedroom community of New York City within the New York metropolitan area.[19]"

Central Jersey never had the makings of a varsity athlete

Reaction Score
I'm a North Jersey guy for all but 4 years in Connecticut. I've lived in three towns and all would be in the dictionary under "North Jersey." Every time I came close to leaving, I found a way not to. I'll be an empty nester in a few years. We've talked about moving, but we probably won't. People from NJ have an overinflated sense of state pride as well as self-loathing. It's why we leave for college and often come home (after a stop in NYC) later. There are great parts and crap parts, like any other state.

Central Jersey is kind-of a thing. But people from North Jersey like to mock people from Central Jersey about it. I'd argue that when you think of a stereo typical Jersey person, they are typically from Central Jersey. But it's really just a region of North Jersey. Someone in the Brunswicks is much more like me up in Bergen County than they are to someone in Cherry Hill.

It's Taylor Ham... always Taylor Ham. Even if you have a good reason to call it Port Roll, that just sounds gross. And it's shocking that it isn't more popular outside New Jersey.

Reaction Score
This is the most cringe part of what people think about NJ; that we say “Joisey”. That’s a NY accent. Neither my dad who grew up just outside Newark nor my mother who grew up by the Shore speak like that.

Its actually pretty funny.

There are a few different accents in New Jersey, but absolutely no one from High Point to Cape May says Joisey. Yet, go out of State, tell someone you’re from New Jersey, and the first words out of every goober’s mouth is “oh Joisey” as if they’ve perfectly nailed the dialect.

On the central Jersey thing I guess it varies person to person. Grew up in Middlesex county and have always considered it as central Jersey. It’s definitely New York centric as opposed to Philly, but North Jersey to me was always, well… north.

Theres a short film called “New Jersey the Movie” where some guy goes around the state interviewing people and trying to determine the essence of the New Jersey identity. It was pretty clever. One of the things the guy did, based on his interviews, was map out the Giants/Eagles line, the pork roll /Taylor ham line, the sub/hoagie line and the shore/beach line. (they were all a little different)

Reaction Score
I'd argue that when you think of a stereo typical Jersey person, they are typically from Central Jersey.
I’d say the stereotypical guy most people think of when they think of a Jersey guy isn’t even from Jersey lol

Reaction Score

I guess if Wikipedia says so

I’m just saying what my experience was actually growing up there

Reaction Score
I guess if Wikipedia says so

I’m just saying what my experience was actually growing up there
My experience growing up in the brunswicks is that everyone calls it Central Jersey and will generally get offended if you try to group them in with the north or south

Reaction Score
You can carry on with the central jersey thing, but new Brunswick is north jersey

Reaction Score
Anecdotally, I feel like most central NJ people like that they have their own "region" as opposed to being grouped as North or South.
When people from Philly think of Jersey they think of Wildwood or Cape May

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom