RU put up a great half against L'ville | The Boneyard

RU put up a great half against L'ville

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

RU up 38-36 at the half in spite of 4 players with 2 or more fouls...

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
L'ville pulled away to win 80-71.

I'm so very proud of how RU battled, and played really well for 3/4 of the game. We had it, and just let it go. Tyler Scaife is going to be SO good for us....she had 25 points......but don't even get me started on the refs. :rolleyes:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She's already a star. Great effort by RU for most of the game. Really battled some foul trouble in the 1st half.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
She's already a star. Great effort by RU for most of the game. Really battled some foul trouble in the 1st half.

That she is... looking forward to the rematch in L'ville.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I started watching at about the 10-11 minute mark when Rutgers was up 5. From that point on, Louisville showed it's the team with overall experience and experience in big moments and big games. This Rutgers team hasn't been there before and it showed.

Reaction Score
Yes RU seemed to lack the experience just now to seal the deal but they'll just get better as Scaife and Copper are very young yet. I don't see them peaking until mid next year but their almost back!! The girls and CVS have me watching again as I'm usually a FB guy.

Reaction Score
I had a courtside seat. I thought Shoni was going to score 50 points cause she scored Louisville's first 8 points in a few minutes! After that she couldn't find the touch on the threes she was getting. It got Louisville behind cause I think they wanted to see if she was going to have another big game. They had to play catch-up the rest of the half after they lost the lead.
They kept it close until they started going inside and the two bigs they have started making buckets.

A great game and all the Rutgers fans thought they might be watching a big upset but the Cards pulled it out!

Reaction Score
Certainly would have been considered an upset but most of us RU fans expected no less!!! Its not like their UConn and RU is just as talented but less experienced than "L'ville". The difference to me in the game was the foul calls and keeping Copper on the bench!

Reaction Score
I thought the refs "let them play" as they say. I was sitting behind the scorers table near the Rutgers bench and I saw Louisville players hit the floor with no calls being made and vice versa.

Women usually play pretty rough with each other anyway and I like it when the best players aren't out of the game with foul trouble.

Reaction Score
I thought the refs "let them play" as they say. I was sitting behind the scorers table near the Rutgers bench and I saw Louisville players hit the floor with no calls being made and vice versa.

Women usually play pretty rough with each other anyway and I like it when the best players aren't out of the game with foul trouble.
You would know better than me as I watched on TV but it appeared the calls were disproportionately for ville? I agree I like games when they let the best players play to a reasonable degree.

Reaction Score
It seemed to me that Rutgers kind of ran out of gas in the last ten minutes or so. You could see that the shots they were taking then that were falling in the first half started being off-target and Louisville was getting rebounds and breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom