Roy Williams: "I Can't Even Fathom" Job Jim Calhoun Did at UConn | The Boneyard

Roy Williams: "I Can't Even Fathom" Job Jim Calhoun Did at UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

I know we pick on him a lot on here, but my respect level for Cryin' Roy went up quite a bit after reading that.

Reaction Score
Let's see if he puts his money where his mouth is regarding scheduling Uconn in the future. I'm sure that call will be coming from Manuel/Ollie, if it hasn't already.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I dislike the narrative here, that UConn was a college athletic backwater until JC, and one may assume it will return to that status now that he's gone.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Billy Packer was invited??? Did he accuse any of the UConn players of "carrying" the golf ball too? Too bad Chris Smith wasn't there! LOL
Obviously you missed my post prior to yours. Great minds think alike.

Reaction Score
Obviously you missed my post prior to yours. Great minds think alike.

Ha, I missed it... Once I read the article, I just had to post without reading any others. But really Packer and all the grief he's given UConn over the years? Never would have guessed he would have been invited.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Ha, I missed it... Once I read the article, I just had to post without reading any others. But really Packer and all the grief he's given UConn over the years? Never would have guessed he would have been invited.
Funny thing was I was almost going to leave out the part about RW and just post about Packer and Chris Smith. :)

Reaction Score
Funny thing was I was almost going to leave out the part about RW and just post about Packer and Chris Smith. :)

I kinda forgot the article was more about Good Ole Roy on Calhoun & Ollie! Funny how seeing one particular name in an article, the rest of the article was forgotten.... :eek:

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I kinda forgot the article was more about Good Ole Roy on Calhoun & Ollie! Funny how seeing one particular name in an article, the rest of the article was forgotten.... :eek:
And that is the essence of how mankind thinks for better or worse. I used to get upset when someone instructing someone else purely for the sake of learning could not understand that there are more than one way to categorize things. And then I realized I was miss categorizing these people. They lacked flexibility which of course I also lacked regarding them in this situation. That's the negative way of looking at it of course. The positive way is that none of us can think of all the iterations of possibilities which means the collective mind has a value over the individual mind particularly when the collective mind learns to listen to the individual mind which occasionally observes something the collective mind misses.

It's just weird that two people went to the Billy Packer, Chris Smith thing so quickly.

Reaction Score
I know Roy's rep is that he is the aw shucks guy to the public and an balloon knot in private but can't say anything bad about him after saying that about JC.

Reaction Score
Oldies like myself may recall that we played bb before 1986. We won c'ships even if it was the Yankee Conf. We even played in the Dance a number of times, once reaching the East Regional Final. One of our players even led the nation in Boards and later had an NBA career playing briefly with the C's. Roy may have not known about this.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom