Roumoglou Enters the Portal (Merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Roumoglou Enters the Portal (Merged)

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
He might be seeing some pieces moving in and realizes now that he has a few rings, he can look for a place where he can get more play.

Reaction Score
Like I said in the other thread, he's going to be a heck of a player wherever he ends up. Just doesn't have quite the athleticism to keep up on defense vs top-25 teams the way we need him to.
Totally agree.

To be honest, if he returns, I'll be excited, but I also totally understand his choice. He'll shine wherever he goes.

Reaction Score
would have loved to watch him get minutes this year, but the reality is he may have remained a deep bench player because of the defensive concerns. i imagine the staff may have communicated as much.

wish him the best. indelible part of our run, particularly this past season.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t be surprised if Hurley recommended to him that he enter the portal since he’s a good player but not likely to get many minutes ever at UConn

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Doubt he latches on with a P4, but would love to see him at Duq or RMU and get to some of his games. Hell, Pitt lost almost all their 3pr shooters...

Reaction Score
That's too bad, he's a great teammate but realistically this is the right move to get playing time at a level close to this. He was still behind several guys at his position, even considering uncertainty with Karaban, etc.

I do wonder if this indicates any writing on the wall about McNeely.

Reaction Score
Doubt he latches on with a P4
Nothing he showed in his limited minutes tells me he couldn't be a sixth man at some lower P4. Handles, shooting, and size. That said a mid-major is probably the correct approach to get starters minutes and put up numbers

Reaction Score
A little surprised especially with Karaban potentially leaving but I guess he would still not have much of a chance to paly with the other highly regarded Freshman forward we are bringing in. Has a great hand, athletic and can shoot the ball from his limited minutes. Good luck Roumoglou where ever you end up and know you will always be a 2 time champion to the fans of UConn.

Reaction Score
How many other players could sit on the bench the whole game, enter the game during garbage time, and hit a 3 with his 1st shot? Seems like a nice kid too. I wish him well wherever he ends up.

Reaction Score
Great teammate and a good kid. Will be an asset at his next stop with that stroke of his. Wish him well.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I wish him all the best. He has 2 chips, not much left to do from a winning standpoint, now he needs to go somewhere where he will play. Hopefully he can break the trend of kids who’ve recently transferred out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom