Rooting for the 'Ville tonight | The Boneyard

Rooting for the 'Ville tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If for no other reason than with my Nebraska roots, I have a deep dislike for all things Iowa.

Reaction Score
Iowa can't stop Ville. Cards have 20 pts in first 9 mins.

Reaction Score
I expect Louisville to win but will root for Iowa
1. Connie Hawkins(although I should root against Iowa for how he was treated, but they made up for it with)
2. C. Vivian Stringer
3. Ronnie Lester, Acie Earl, Roy Marble, BJ Armstrong, Ed Horton, Kevin Gamble, Greg Stokes
4. Women's basketball in the state of Iowa

BTW: I love the state of Nebraska. The state's love affair with Cornhusker football is legendary. Loved Johnny Rogers. the Miami Nebraska Orange Bowl game when Nebraska had Turner Gill; what a game. One of my childhood friends/heroes attended Hiram Scott(yes, one would have to be my age or from Nebraska to have ever heard of this school).

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Louisville too but I'm not a fan of Hammond arguing with her coaches on the sideline. Bad form.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
This game is getting awfully chippy. The Cards sure like to throw elbows.

Reaction Score
So did I see that right? Iowa averaged 78 points a game this year?

They can't buy a bucket for their lives right now against Louisville's D.

Big Ten is just deeply un serious about women's basketball at this point.

Seems playing UConn and even losing can make you better. Despite what some coaches say.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
So wonder if the committee still feels that South Carolina and Tennessee deserved those #1 seeds over Louisville (or any of the #2's for that matter).

I don't care what their out of conference schedule was, Louisville is a better team! Period!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Refs in this game are terrible!
Louisville looking pretty good and Iowa looking horrible.
Great interview by Lobo with Shonni during the break between games - I liked her better after listening.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
So did I see that right? Iowa averaged 78 points a game this year?

They can't buy a bucket for their lives right now against Louisville's D.

Big Ten is just deeply un serious about women's basketball at this point.

Seems playing UConn and even losing can make you better. Despite what some coaches say.

There is a gap between the top half-dozen teams in WCBB and everybody else that becomes so plainly visible in a game like this one. I see B10 hoops a lot. Against each other, the B10 teams are a pretty good show. But against those upper tier teams? A joke. Iowa isn't as bad as they have looked in the first half, but the general gap in ability isn't surprising to me.

Reaction Score
So wonder if the committee still feels that South Carolina and Tennessee deserved those #1 seeds over Louisville (or any of the #2's for that matter).

I don't care what their out of conference schedule was, Louisville is a better team! Period!

I do not think the committee will give their choices another thought until about this time next year.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Shoni's mid-range (pure DD) jumper, a thing of beauty.
She should eschew some three's in favor.

Reaction Score
There is a gap between the top half-dozen teams in WCBB and everybody else that becomes so plainly visible in a game like this one. I see B10 hoops a lot. Against each other, the B10 teams are a pretty good show. But against those upper tier teams? A joke. Iowa isn't as bad as they have looked in the first half, but the general gap in ability isn't surprising to me.

Louisville is just a bad matchup for Iowa; A bad matchup for a lot of teams when the Shomel show is hitting all its marks. Iowa would, likely do much better against a walk it up the floor type team.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I love watching Louisville. Jeff is a great coach. They are one of the few teams besides UConn that are actually fun to watch.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Curious as to why the "dirty plays" by Lville earlier were allowed to slide. Regardless of one's rooting interests, the new rules seem to me inconsistently applied within games and from game to game. It's still a judgment (or no judgment) call.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Curious as to why the "dirty plays" by Lville earlier were allowed to slide. Regardless of one's rooting interests, the new rules seem to me inconsistently applied within games and from game to game. It's still a judgment (or no judgment) call.
I though louisville was getting jobbed early, but then I think these refs are just terrible and have been inconsistent and on the edge of losing control the whole game.

Reaction Score
L'ville kickin butt and taking names. Looking like the second best team in the tourney at this point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom