Roll call: Long timers | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Roll call: Long timers

Reaction Score
Really enjoyed learning about the BY historians and a welcome light hearted interlude

Reaction Score
I recently posted that it took me 20 years to get Tony to make paragraphs (you’re welcome). Anywho, that got me to thinking, who else has been here 20+ years? I personally started here in 1994 when my oldest son was a newborn and I needed a way to talk to grown-ups during the day.

Let me think.
JS
Biff
Tonyc
@CamrnCrz1974
@bbsamjj
cbiebel from McGraw’s Bench (I know you’re out there)
@ucbart (I think)
who else?

There’s a bunch more that have been here 10+ years. Roll call!

Um.

You remember ND fan cbeibel but not me?

Reaction Score
We used to get you mixed up with mappy, which is why you changed your handle, I think.

Remember when the men’s fans and women’s fans share the same board? It was “cute” that the women had a team and won a championship against the other girls’ teams. The women’s fans were obnoxious about the championship, I have to say.
YES I REMEMBER THAT.

Reaction Score
Hard to remember when I started lurking over twenty years ago ,at one point I was “ anonymous “rarely posted, now it’s bballer have always enjoyed the BY things are well covered and sarcasm alive and well this is quite a year my bias for uconn see us as a F F. N C contender Enjoy the games

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
@HuskyNan , @ucbart , @EricLA , and I have been posting on the Boneyard for so long that when we transferred from the Nina to the Santa Maria, they lost our account information. ;-)
I have had a busy day so missed this thread but... I have been here so long that I remember at least 3 or 4 other "servers" that we were on. I lived in San Diego for 30 years before moving up to LA about 6 years ago, and my handle was "EricSanDiego" back in the day. or ESD if people did not want to type it out.

I asked the mods (thank you!!!) if I could do a one time change of my name to EricLA since at the time, I probably had at least 15,000 posts and did not want to start from scratch if I didn't have to.

I was here back in the days of DoggyDaddy and Icebear not to mention Philster - and I'm sure there were others who no longer post here but who used to contribute back in the day...

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
i have only followed from 2004 but i have been following the woman's game for longer than that. I worked at the grocery chain in Mansfield until i moved to Florida in 91. I got to see up close several women and several men from the team's early days.I remember talking to Wes Bialosuckia once while working. Good old Yankee conference lol.

Reaction Score
I recently posted that it took me 20 years to get Tony to make paragraphs (you’re welcome). Anywho, that got me to thinking, who else has been here 20+ years? I personally started here in 1994 when my oldest son was a newborn and I needed a way to talk to grown-ups during the day.

Let me think.
JS
Biff
Tonyc
@CamrnCrz1974
@bbsamjj
cbiebel from McGraw’s Bench (I know you’re out there)
@ucbart (I think)
who else?

There’s a bunch more that have been here 10+ years. Roll call!
I've been around since 1998..maybe a little earlier. Back then I lived in Northern Virginia so my handle was VAHoops.
I've been a faithful reader ever since.

Reaction Score
I’ve been on here so long that I remember being afraid to check this board after Diana Taurasi missed all those shots during her freshman year against ND in the Final Four. It was an epic collapse and The Boneyard didn’t disappoint with all the ND fans coming to gloat.

Anyone remember “Shan” and his proclamations that Ann Strother was absolutely going to ND?

I don’t post much but I religiously still check The Boneyard at least twice a day.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Does anyone have dates for the various migrations of the board?

I remember the Courant board, but was that actually the boneyard or did it run concurrently?
I remember Rivals.
There was another short lived host as I remember.

It is all a bit vague

Reaction Score
I have lurked here since the early 1990's. Meet many boneyarders at bowl games or Ladies final fours in years past. Just felt that I was a great fan, but wasn't knowledgeable enough to add my two cents.

Reaction Score
I’ve been on here so long that I remember being afraid to check this board after Diana Taurasi missed all those shots during her freshman year against ND in the Final Four. It was an epic collapse and The Boneyard didn’t disappoint with all the ND fans coming to gloat.

Anyone remember “Shan” and his proclamations that Ann Strother was absolutely going to ND?

I don’t post much but I religiously still check The Boneyard at least twice a day.
Shan is immortalized here as some of us long-timers will still sarcastically say "Thanks Shan" to someone who starts a "hey did you hear ?...." thread about something that's already been posted for days. :)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Definitely remember Rivals! Hard to remember when as I was overseas for a number of years and the various boards were the only way to keep up with the team.
There was an original group before Rivals that operated by e-mail managed by someone who I believe no longer wants their name known. I’m familiar with it because it because it was my son’s idea when he was a college student - not a UConn student but a UConn fan. I’m not sure how he got to the person who wound up running the group. That was in the 90s.

Reaction Score
Definitely appreciate you long timers! Wisdom and great balance on this forum.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
We used to get you mixed up with mappy, which is why you changed your handle, I think.

Remember when the men’s fans and women’s fans share the same board? It was “cute” that the women had a team and won a championship against the other girls’ teams. The women’s fans were obnoxious about the championship, I have to say.
Mappy was the first BYer I met in person when we would have dinner before games at the Civic Center. He was very witty while I was analytical. We were both thankful for each other because the confused BY thought that our witty and analytical selves were one and the same.

Most of the ancient BYers I knew stuck to the men’s board, which was a very lighthearted and witty forum in the nineties with posters like RabidHusky, MadDog and of course @Fishy. I also recall @Deepster, @Chin Diesel, X, nyhuskyfan and a few others. I do remember @zymurg occasionally crossing over to here. @Dove still visits.

Reaction Score
I’ve been reading here since I started college at UMass in fall 2000….. didn’t create an account and speak until well after that…. I needed some connection to my CT roots!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Um.

You remember ND fan cbeibel but not me?
I remembered you and a lot of others but I was at work and did Have a lot of time to write a long post

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I have had a busy day so missed this thread but... I have been here so long that I remember at least 3 or 4 other "servers" that we were on. I lived in San Diego for 30 years before moving up to LA about 6 years ago, and my handle was "EricSanDiego" back in the day. or ESD if people did not want to type it out.

I asked the mods (thank you!!!) if I could do a one time change of my name to EricLA since at the time, I probably had at least 15,000 posts and did not want to start from scratch if I didn't have to.

I was here back in the days of DoggyDaddy and Icebear not to mention Philster - and I'm sure there were others who no longer post here but who used to contribute back in the day...
HuskyBill ❤️ :( RIP
Wonkster :( RIP
LaserT :( RIP
speedoo
BudFrog, who may still be lurking

Reaction Score
Ah the inaugural (I think) BYC. 2004, Keney Park. Our team "represented" the Women's board. The jealous men's board slapped us with the moniker "Simpering Eunuchs". So we just went out and beat them all....well I use the word "we" loosely as I recall @slug25 carried us on his back for 18 holes. But a win is a win!

View attachment 71871
The inaugural BYC was a few years earlier (1999), after the mens NC. Was held at Portland GC. Went to Quarry Ridge next, where a cart was rolled… which lead to Keney. The good old days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom