Rodney Purvis: gotta get it | The Boneyard

Rodney Purvis: gotta get it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He is an absolute monster. I love it.

"SLEEP????? I DONT SLEEP. If I sleep I might miss the opportunity to make a dream become a reality." -50 Cent

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When your young, you can afford to miss some sleep hours. At my age I need at least 7.
Not if you want your coordination intact. He can probably still perform at a high level, but getting enough sleep is essential to optimizing athletic ability.

Reaction Score
CL82 said:
Not if you want your coordination intact. He can probably still perform at a high level, but getting enough sleep is essential to optimizing athletic ability.
I'm guessing this schedule isn't the norm for Rodney. The kid is going to be good...very good.

Reaction Score
When your young, you can afford to miss some sleep hours. At my age I need at least 7.
Yeah you're clearly out of touch. Young people need MORE sleep than middle-age adults. 3 hours is far too little.

Reaction Score
Yeah you're clearly out of touch. Young people need MORE sleep than middle-age adults. 3 hours is far too little.
No I remember when I was 20 I could do a lot of things with little sleep. Playing bball all day everyday was one of them. He will be fine. Looks like he's driven and has goals. Don't turn this into a Dr. Phil episode and just be impressed with his determination. I'm sure he gets his rest.

Reaction Score
No I remember when I was 20 I could do a lot of things with little sleep. Playing bball all day everyday was one of them. He will be fine. Looks like he's driven and has goals. Don't turn this into a Dr. Phil episode and just be impressed with his determination. I'm sure he gets his rest.
Yeah I did a lot of stupid things when I was 20 and turned out fine. Doesn't mean they were the smart thing to do, or that there weren't any covert effects. I was moreso challenging your ignorant assertion that one don't need as much sleep when one is younger (and still developing at least neurologically, FFS)

Reaction Score
If only there was some way for him to sleep in the middle of the day - maybe for an hour or two after his workouts - that would solve everything. He'd get his early start, and he'd get enough rest.

Maybe we can invent something like that for him. But we'll need a word for it, because "brief mid-day catch-up sleep" is sort of cumbersome.

Reaction Score
You guys are too funny.

Are any of you really worried about a 20 year old getting enough sleep?

Weren't you 20 at one point?

Have you met any 20 year olds?

If he's sleeping 3 hours at night he's probably sleeping 10 hours mid day.

I have a list of things I worry about in life.

Late teen/early 20 college kids getting enough sleep isn't in the same galaxy as my list.

Reaction Score
Great to hear he's so motivated. expecting a huge things from Rodney this year.

Emeka would only sleep a few hours a night also and a nap in the day. I'm sure Rodney takes a nap after morning workouts and morning classes

Reaction Score
He can sleep plenty when he's an old wreck like me. In the meantime, he's right on - gotta get it!

pj

Reaction Score
If only there was some way for him to sleep in the middle of the day - maybe for an hour or two after his workouts - that would solve everything. He'd get his early start, and he'd get enough rest.

Maybe we can invent something like that for him. But we'll need a word for it, because "brief mid-day catch-up sleep" is sort of cumbersome.

There is a word for that. Classes.

Reaction Score
When I was in college, architecture school, the all-nighter was a frequent necessary component to meet work deadlines. I once had so many consecutive hours without sleep that when I did finally sleep a few hours I had an out-of-body experience. I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Reaction Score
When I was at UConn I would stay up all night just because I didn't want to go to bed.

Now I sleep more than my cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc