RJ Evans on Bryce Cotton....amazing job... | The Boneyard

RJ Evans on Bryce Cotton....amazing job...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Finally watched the whole game and the 42 minutes that Evans put in were unreal. His job was to stick to Cotton and he held the guy to 4/13 from the field and just made everything difficult for PC's leading scorer who looked really rattled by the end. The Holy Cross transfer played a phenominal final game. RJ may have only been a Husky for one season,.. but will be part of "the brotherhood'" forever. The ultimate team guy.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
with what his contribution was on offense, mu buddies and I were thinking he must be playing great defense :)

thank you RJ

Reaction Score
Love RJ and I salute him, but after him miss the 1st freethrow 1 foot short and 8" off to the left, causing the ball to deflect at a radical angle to the left, and then missing the second one, I wondered: "how does a guy play ball for 15 or so years of his life, as a guard, with thousand of hours under his belt in the gym, look so awful shooting free throws?"

Boggling to me.

Seriously. Boone-esque.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Love RJ and I salute him, but after him miss the 1st freethrow 1 foot short and 8" off to the left, causing the ball to deflect at a radical angle to the left, and then missing the second one, I wondered: "how does a guy play ball for 15 or so years of his life, as a guard, with thousand of hours under his belt in the gym, look so awful shooting free throws?"

Boggling to me.

Seriously. Boone-esque.

I must admit to having the same reaction to the missed FTs. If it wasn't due to a severe case of nerves (which I doubt it was), I just have to think that his brain is just not wired to shoot a basketball. Kevin Ollie was not a good shooter and I doubt many people worked as hard as he did to improve. He did get better to become "okay" during his college career, but never "really good."

Kind of like with Taliek (only worse), RJ's getting fouled while shooting was not really a good thing.

Reaction Score
I was okay with him missing the FTs because he had just gotten a monster rebound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom