RIP Tina Turner | The Boneyard

RIP Tina Turner

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Saw her and The Iketts way way back...maybe 1968. She was Dynamite.
Creedence Clearwater Rival was supposed to be the headliner....did not happen...nobody
wanted Tina and her band to leave the stage. Touring in her 80's? Wow.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Guess I should've known she was about that old since she hit the music biz around same time as Ringo, but still, 83 seems surprising. Never saw her live, but if James Brown was the hardest working guy in showbiz, Tina had to be the hardest working woman.

Reaction Score
Tina is one of the few musicals (which I'm often subjected to) that I actually really liked.

There have been maybe only 4 or 5, and I've seen 50! (ugh)

Reaction Score
Mesmerizing talent, couldn't ever switch the channel/station when she was singing. Her life story will live forever.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
She opened for the Stones when I saw them in 1981. Her performance was phenomenal. Magnified by the fact that the Stones basically went through the motions to collect a paycheck.

Ike put her through hell for nearly a decade and a half and then tried to prevent her from using the name/brand she developed when she finally left him. She rose about all of it and and a tremendous second round to her career.

May she rest in peace.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
back door NYT obituary access

live aid.jpg

Reaction Score
Saw her and Ike and Ikettes in Bridgeport in the 70’s. Barely remember it’s been so long. Summer, outdoors, may have rained. What a career!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Very sad news. Very sad. Sad.

Epic entertainer.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
One entertainer I wish I had seen in person. I think I read a few years ago that she grossed more on tour than any other trait in history. One way or the other she knew how to bring the house down . RIP.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
RIP to Tina. Hugely important and appealed to fans of so many different musical styles and genres. She transcended them all, and even made a good Road Warrior movie. Truly one of a kind.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I was at Ventura county Fairgrounds for an Afternoon Grateful Dead show that day. They played live aid over the PA before the show and during the set break.
I have a buddy/swim teammate from UConn, he's Mr. Rock and Roll. Only three bands exists, Led Zeppelin, The Who and the Stones. I took him to Live Aid and Prince Boston 2004. I always joke to his teenage daughter "I took your dad to see Madonna & Prince." He always replies "and Tina Turner..."

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Saw this on YouTube a bit ago. She was simply the best

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Amusing anecdote - wife came home from work, I asked if she'd ever seen Tina Turner in concert. She said "no, but I saw Ike Turner". So I asked why she'd go see Ike and she said she went with her sister (a PSU grad) to see him as he was the star attraction at PSU's Homecoming weekend.

So it seems Happy Valley has tolerated all kinds of abuse well before Sandusky :D

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Amusing anecdote - wife came home from work, I asked if she'd ever seen Tina Turner in concert. She said "no, but I saw Ike Turner". So I asked why she'd go see Ike and she said she went with her sister (a PSU grad) to see him as he was the star attraction at PSU's Homecoming weekend.

So it seems Happy Valley has tolerated all kinds of abuse well before Sandusky :D
Sandusky always loved “ private dancer”

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Irma Thomas with the Nevilles and new orleans Allstars dong Simply The Best in honor of Tina at Greenwich Town Party. Will post photo later

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom