RIP Sinead O'Connor | The Boneyard

RIP Sinead O'Connor

Reaction Score
Wow. This is shocking, gone at 56. That incredible song is timeless . RIP Sinead

Very sad. She had a rough life. Her son committed suicide last year and she had been battling mental illness for a long time.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
A memory............. I wasat the legendary Bob Dylan 30th anniversary tribute at MSG in 92 she was slated to be one of the people covering a song. (She was supposed to be covering Dylans " I Believe in You" and from leaked versions that came out eventually from the soundcheck, it was stunning"). She had just ripped up a picture of the pope a few days before the Dylan concert on Saturday Night Live. It was very controversial and uncomfortable ,but to me it was true protest. Whelp at the Dylan show when Sinead came out to sing her awesome cover she had ready, 2/3rds of Madison Square Garden started booing her. In that moment I was ashamed to call myself a New Yorker and ESPECIALLY a Dylan fan. So she ripped out her in ear monitors and sang Bob Marleys "War" acapella. Because those idiots did not see the irony of someone taking a stand for something she believed that was unpopular. Isn't that exactly how Bob Dylan became famous? By singing for civil rights and political action, and then after that Dylan getting booed for simply picking up an electric guitar? Shame on those people.
I have held Sinead in the highest esteem ever since (and boy what a voice!)
Anyway, here is the MSG clip. I hope you find serenity going onward, Sinead. "Don't let the Bastards get your down" , it was a rough ride for you here.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Tremendous talent. Gone way too soon. Tough life. Russell Crowe of all people posted a very nice tribute to her today.

August_West

Reaction Score
Her soundcheck from Dylan show. Gives me goosebumps

August_West

Reaction Score
That's a crazy cast. I had to check and the guy in the Red Sox has is Levon Helm. I may need to go watch the whole thing.

Edit: That soundcheck is amazing.
Van Morrison doing comfortably numb will fry your noodle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom