RIP Neil Peart | The Boneyard

RIP Neil Peart

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Drummer and lyricist of Rush died Tuesday night after a long battle with brain cancer. They were "progreesive" rockers with an excellent body of work. :(

Reaction Score
What is this "progreesive" genre of music you mention. Is this some eastern European phenomenon. Have I been asleep too long?

Reaction Score
RIP. I saw Rush in Austin, TX back in 1987. I was in awe of his drum kit. One of the greats for sure.

also, he and Kia Nurse were born in Hamilton, Ontario.

Reaction Score
“Suddenly, you were gone
From all the lives you left your mark upon”
- Afterimage

Considered by many to be the greatest rock drummer ever. A talented lyricist as well. RIP Neil Peart.

I became a fan of Rush when the Moving Pictures album was released, and I first saw the band live during the Signals tour. I was blown away by the band’s musicianship. Neil’s drum solos were incredible.

Reaction Score
What is this "progreesive" genre of music you mention. Is this some eastern European phenomenon. Have I been asleep too long?

probably the best definition of progressive rock is to give some examples of prog bands: genesis, yes, elp, jethro tull, kansas, spock's beard, and, of course, peart's band, rush. started in the 70s with king crimson and has hung around ever since.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom