RIP Ann Miller AKA Dudley DoRight | The Boneyard

RIP Ann Miller AKA Dudley DoRight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have just heard that Ann Miller, Boneyard poster under the handle Dudley DoRight, lost her long and courageous battle with cancer today. She was a long and loyal UConn and Red Sox fan. She lapsed into unconsciousness yesterday, but her partner had the game on the radio so she could hear it. I have no doubt that she heard every thrilling minute of it.

Ann, I have no doubt you will have the best seat in the house tomorrow night, and be right there with the team as they go for number 8. I know how thrilled you must have been to listen in as UConn finally beat Notre Dame in the biggest game of the year (so far).

Rest easy, friend. Your battle is over, and you deserve a long, peaceful rest.

I will always be proud to have been your friend.

Reaction Score
It comes full circle. My husband and I met Ann at a UConn game some years ago after virtually "meeting" her as AnyEyeball on the old AOL boards. We and 'the group' attended games together, at times went to pre or post game meals together, went to what we referred to as Camp Husky (at a hotel in Maine, the workplace of one of our group) to view a big away game a season together, and we participated in the Relay for Life walks of which she was an integral part.

Now she goes out on what was one of the greatest games in UConn history. I KNEW they would win this game for Annie who loved her UConn Huskies so much.

Ann fought the most valiant fight against her cancer with all the strength and fearlessness a person could muster. Her passing was said to be peaceful and she was not afraid of death. May she rest in peace and be watching the Huskies with the angels

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Ann was diagnosed with ovarian cancer five years ago. Despite several setbacks and complications, Ann bravely fought cancer on her own terms. Her friend on facebook said it beautifully:

"If the quality of a life be judged by the amount of inspiration and joy a persons gives, and how much love and admiration she receives, then Ann Miller's life was a masterpiece. Her valiant fight against ovarian cancer taught us what it is to walk that difficult journey with fierce courage and clear eyes. Ann served her country proudly in the United States Army and believed that service was an important part of living. She put her heart into making the lives of animals safe and full of love. Not every animal can be saved; not everyone with cancer can make it. Ann's life was a testament to giving it your all when the odds are not good, but your resolve is strong. We send our deepest condolences to the Miller family, and all Ann's friends."

I am a better person for having known her.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Ah I'm so sorry to hear that. Condolences, love, and prayers to her and her loved ones.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
My heart goes out to Ann and those who loved her. As a cancer survivor news like this always hits me hard. I could have been her. I may yet be.

My deepest condolences.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
So sorry to hear the news, she will be missed.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I never met her in person. I wish I had. Rest in peace, and God bless you

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
An adaption of a prayer from the Book of Common Prayer for the death of a child but which I find comforting for all of God's children.

Holy God, yours is the beauty of life and yours is the fullness of years.

Comfort us in our sorrow, strengthen us with hope, and breathe peace into our troubled hearts.

Assure us that the love in which we rejoiced for a time is not lost, and that Ann is with you, safe in your eternal love and care.

We ask this in the name of , who was a Jew by birth and who called all people to himself.

Amen.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
RIP, Ann Miller, a truly remarkable woman.

12922_10200817823705410_2101669443_n.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm so sorry. I was really praying that she'd be around for tonight's game, but she'll be more alert to it now.

"We die​
not because​
We are ill,​
But because​
God​
Sees us as​
Complete.​
Illness is the​
occasion​
of our dying​
But not the cause. . . "​

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Rest in peace Ann. My thoughts and prayers to your family and all you touched.

Reaction Score
Annie was looking down on this night
By Mike DiMauro
Publication: The Day
Updated 04/10/2013 06:01 AM

http://www.theday.com/article/20130410/SPORT01/304109933/-1/SPORT
This piece brought tears to my eyes. Really well written. Anne was truly a special person, as her obit indicates just how much she did for others.

There is a quoted Facebook post in this piece that was written by a Boneyarder...me, in fact. Kind of surprised me it was included with so many other wonderful tributes on her page. But I meant every word of it.

Ann would not want us to be sad in her passing. She would want us to celebrate championship #8 and take joy in that. So that is what I am doing. I am drying my tears, celebrating #8, and counting my blessings for having known Ann. If the world had more people in it like Ann, it would be a far, far better place.

Reaction Score
I just found this posting, having just found out about Ann's death earlier this evening. Amazing how a trip to New Orleans can put you behind on finding out things. I'm shocked and saddened by this.

I also used to hang out on the old AOL women's basketball boards in the late 1990's when I first met AnyEyeball. I figured out from some of the comments that she must have had seats near me in Gampel. One game I went looking for her, and I found her. I also found out in addition to sharing the same last name (we're not related), that at the time she lived about two miles from me in Norwich.

I remember one little event that Ann and I shared. Pat Summit was having a book signing at the old Borders in Farmington, a month or two after Tennessee had won one of their national championships. Ann told me she was planning on going to it, and asked if I wanted to go. I said sure, and off we went. The line at the Farmington Borders was quite long. When we got to the head of the line, Ann asked Pat to give her "The Stare". Well, Pat gave Ann "The Stare", she just clicked it in. It was a memorably hilarious experience.

Reaction Score
I just found this posting, having just found out about Ann's death earlier this evening. Amazing how a trip to New Orleans can put you behind on finding out things. I'm shocked and saddened by this.

I also used to hang out on the old AOL women's basketball boards in the late 1990's when I first met AnyEyeball. I figured out from some of the comments that she must have had seats near me in Gampel. One game I went looking for her, and I found her. I also found out in addition to sharing the same last name (we're not related), that at the time she lived about two miles from me in Norwich.

I remember one little event that Ann and I shared. Pat Summit was having a book signing at the old Borders in Farmington, a month or two after Tennessee had won one of their national championships. Ann told me she was planning on going to it, and asked if I wanted to go. I said sure, and off we went. The line at the Farmington Borders was quite long. When we got to the head of the line, Ann asked Pat to give her "The Stare". Well, Pat gave Ann "The Stare", she just clicked it in. It was a memorably hilarious experience.

I too went to that Pat Summit booksigning. Probably saw you both there.

RIP Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak