Ringer: UConn once shocked the world, now it looks like a Dynasty | The Boneyard

Ringer: UConn once shocked the world, now it looks like a Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would assume teams are going to start copying aspects of Hurley's offense.

We might be running into versions of this motion offense soon.

If you can't beat em, join em. It's hard to stay at the top in any sport. I'm just glad we're hear for the moment enjoying history and creating a higher standard.

People will forever benchmark their achievements based on the UConn standard set.

That is a hell of an accomplishment for a coach, players, program and University.

Epic

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
This is our new reality, and I'm fine with it. Let's enjoy it

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Loved these -

Didn’t matter, of course. Flagg ultimately chose Duke, like Williamson and so many other future NBA stars before him. But his spurning of UConn matters for two very important reasons: (1) It gave us this photo of Flagg holding a burning pitchfork, which will surely come in handy throughout his career, and (2) it was a critical reminder that UConn is not Duke. Never has been Duke. Never wanted to be Duke, either.

That’s what’s been so hard for me to reconcile about this new era of Huskies, who became the first repeat men’s champions since the mid-aughts Florida Gators with Monday’s 75-60 win over Purdue in the national title game. Yes, it’s nice to be widely acknowledged as a “blue blood” alongside the schools that built college basketball as we know it. But this aristocratic is directly at odds with the program’s bedrock identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom