Rich: Unselfish Huskies Ranked Third Nationally in Assists | The Boneyard

Rich: Unselfish Huskies Ranked Third Nationally in Assists

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Hartley contributing mightily to the excellent A/TO ratio. Reminds me of the Doris and Rebecca debate about whether Bria can become a better passer (Rebecca said yes; Doris said no). Bria is working on it.
http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/

Hartley, a two-guard by nature, has fully returned to her All-American level. Not only is she second on the team in scoring (14.0) and first in assists (5.9), she has only committed 10 turnovers in a team-high 254 minutes. Her assist to turnover ratio stands at 4.7.

Hartley had a career-high nine assists and zero turnovers in 28 minutes against the Bonnies. All told, she has had at least six assists in six games this season and has not had fewer than three in any game.

“We’ve been working a lot with her to be better balanced when she passes it,’’ Auriemma said. “You never throw passes across your body. So little by little we’re trying to get her to like `get yourself squared up and throw the pass.’ But she’s determined to be a really good passer, and I think that’s what’s helped her. She determined to be a good playmaker. And, God bless her, she’s doing a great of it. As all the guards are. I think our guards have been really, really good with the ball. Really good. We’ve be a really good ballhandling team.’’

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I see that ND and Holy Cross are ahead of UConn in assists.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Wait, what? I swear I've heard that before. :cool:
Oh look, tweedle dee makes a post and tweedle dee likes it. Insert smiley face.

She made herself a point guard this year. It's where her future lies in the WNBA.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Oh look, tweedle dee makes a post and tweedle dee likes it. Insert smiley face.

She made herself a point guard this year. It's where her future lies in the WNBA.
Dang doggy, give it up already. Just face facts. Everybody who's anybody knows. :cool:

Reaction Score
Bria was a two guard in high school. She scored 50 or 51 in the championship game.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Bria was a two guard in high school. She scored 50 or 51 in the championship game.
And she was a point guard her freshman year at Uconn.

Neither has to do with what she is this year.

Reaction Score

She wasn't a 2-guard in high school. She played point and dominated the ball for her high school team, and actually played more of a small forward role for her club team because Exodus had lots of smaller guards.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Since we're busy one upping each other....

Did I mention that last time I was at the Garden watching UConn play, I struck up a conversation with a total stranger (shocking those who know me) and it turned out to be Bria's HS coach. Interesting conversation about Bria vs. Prahalis.... BUT, I recall the coach talking about dribbling -- and how she hadn't done any when SHE was a player 'cause it t'weren't allowed. And how interesting and challenging it was to work with players who now could...

Just an interesting perspective on the history and growth of the women's game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom