Rich: Geno owes Polly a car.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rich: Geno owes Polly a car....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well I think the players know that Geno is and is going to be extremely truthful with them. Pull no punches. Say it like it is. etc. And I imagine he and the coaching staff have talked about whatever it is he says publicly, numerous time with the player in practice and privately. So it's probably nothing they have not heard and discussed before.

Also from the SNY Access shows we know they do run the good cop/bad cop thing with the players. If one coach is really tough on a player during a practice, another coach will give them some comfort, encouragement, etc.

i'd be very surprised if geno discussed with his coaches much of what he says publicly. being truthful and not pulling punches with his players is fine. but if he wanted to make the point that breanna was not listening to him, or not thinking before she acted, there are lots of ways to do that in a way that doesn't make you sound like an insensitive jerk.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
And Kalana "couldn't guard a chair". Sue had more interest in the boy in the stands than she did in basketball. Bria was "defending both baskets." I would like to see a whole thread of Geno's Gibes.

I know he has used the "couldn't guard a chair" bit a number of times on a number of players -- did he really use that one on Kalana (Greene).....?? (a very good defender)

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Paper airplanes have no real value, some would say the same of limericks on poster board but that almost caused a fracas with the NCAA. Toy cars have a price, not worth the risk. Maybe a drawing of a car as long as it isn't signed by Geno. eBay would love to put a price on that.

IIRC the NCAA said NBD because the sign had no monetary value. The fracas was with the orange ones.

Reaction Score
i'm completely with you on this, and not just because i'm a dodger fan. there certainly is a time and a place to say things, and i saw no reason for him to make that comment about breanna in front of the cameras. what on earth was the point ? funny? witty? hardly. ugly was what came to my mind.that was not a pretty picture of him. and i'm just not convinced that the players always shrug off those comments.
My guess is that most players wear Geno's barbs like a badge of honor and worry when none are directed toward them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom