Returning All-Americans | The Boneyard

Returning All-Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Besides the 3-to-see, the All-American teams were dominated by Juniors, with almost no Soph or Frosh.
WBCA Coaches (C) and Wooden (W) have just one team, while AP has 1st (A1)-3rd (A3) and Honorable Mention (Ah)

'14 Sims ........ A1 - C - W
'14 Chiney ...... A1 - C - W

'15 KML ......... A2 - C
'14 AThomas ..... A2 - C
'14 CGrey ....... A2 - C
'14 MLucas ...... A2

'14 McBride ..... A3 - C
'14 Dolson ...... A3 - C
'15 EWilliams ... A3
'14 Simmons ..... A3

'14 Achonwa ..... Ah ________ '14 Chrstfrsn_ISU .. Ah
'14 BrandonCAL .. Ah ________ '14 TMarshall_GaT .. Ah
'14 Banham_MN ... Ah ________ '14 Ellenberg_OKL .. Ah
'14 Hooper_NEB .. Ah ________ '14 Plouffe_UTAH ... Ah
'14 Bias_OKST ... Ah ________ '14 Rowe_MTSU ...... Ah
'14 JColey_FIU .. Ah ________ '14 Newsome_TN-MRT . Ah
=============================

I would think leading contenders for this year are:
Sims - KML - AThomas - TBS - Chiney for 1st team
with CGrey the top challenger

Reaction Score
Besides the 3-to-see, the All-American teams were dominated by Juniors, with almost no Soph or Frosh.
WBCA Coaches (C) and Wooden (W) have just one team, while AP has 1st (A1)-3rd (A3) and Honorable Mention (Ah)

'14 Sims ........ A1 - C - W
'14 Chiney ...... A1 - C - W

'15 KML ......... A2 - C
'14 AThomas ..... A2 - C
'14 CGrey ....... A2 - C
'14 MLucas ...... A2

'14 McBride ..... A3
'14 Dolson ...... A3
'15 EWilliams ... A3
'14 Simmons ..... A3

'14 Achonwa ..... Ah ________ '14 Chrstfrsn_ISU .. Ah
'14 BrandonCAL .. Ah ________ '14 TMarshall_GaT .. Ah
'14 Banham_MN ... Ah ________ '14 Ellenberg_OKL .. Ah
'14 Hooper_NEB .. Ah ________ '14 Plouffe_UTAH ... Ah
'14 Bias_OKST ... Ah ________ '14 Rowe_MTSU ...... Ah
'14 JColey_FIU .. Ah ________ '14 Newsome_TN-MRT . Ah
=============================

I would think leading contenders for this year are:
Sims - KML - AThomas - TBS - Chiney for 1st team
with CGrey the top challenger

Didn't Dolson get on the WBCA All-American team as well?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well if your picking by position . Dolsen is the top Center. KML best shooter. Stewart is tops period and along with KML tops period. Sims from Baylor and A Thomas from MD will be close if Hartley comes back healthy. UConn could have 4 first team AAs. We will see how Morgan Tuck progresses. She maybe second or third team however if her outside shot is dropping she could be better. Saniya Chong could very well be the top freshman in WCBB. Something to think about. Saniya is ranked 75th in the polls. Sierra Cahhoun, Myisha Hines Allen, and Bianca Chevas are ranked ahead of her and Saniya was POY in NY. Think about that.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I liked the way Jewell Loyd played last year. If she shows some improvement I think she might be someone that could have a great year and be in the mix for AA. After all, she doesn't have Skylar, and someone will have to run that team.
Jewell is very good. If shes playing the point I will have to see how she does. Playing the point is a very tuff position to play especially when you as good of a shooter as Jewell is. I think you might see somebody else playing the point leaving Jewell to focus on getting open.

Reaction Score
I am a believer that last years was last. I think UCONN will have the most AA on 1 team in country ever....5....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well if your picking by position . Dolsen is the top Center. KML best shooter. Stewart is tops period and along with KML tops period. Sims from Baylor and A Thomas from MD will be close if Hartley comes back healthy. UConn could have 4 first team AAs. We will see how Morgan Tuck progresses. She maybe second or third team however if her outside shot is dropping she could be better. Saniya Chong could very well be the top freshman in WCBB. Something to think about. Saniya is ranked 75th in the polls. Sierra Cahhoun, Myisha Hines Allen, and Bianca Chevas are ranked ahead of her and Saniya was POY in NY. Think about that.

I am a believer that last years was last. I think UCONN will have the most AA on 1 team in country ever....5....

:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
You've been here along time - I'm surprised you're surprised!
I know you have been here a long time as well. I'm surprised your surprised that she he is surprised! :)

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Jewell is very good. If shes playing the point I will have to see how she does. Playing the point is a very tuff position to play especially when you as good of a shooter as Jewell is. I think you might see somebody else playing the point leaving Jewell to focus on getting open.
It is very unlikely that Loyd will run the point this year. Muffet has stated that the PG position will be some combination of Mabrey, Allen, and Holloway, although other players will bring the ball up occasionally. Loyd will be allowed to be Loyd. At least that's the plan!

Reaction Score
I liked the way Jewell Loyd played last year. If she shows some improvement I think she might be someone that could have a great year and be in the mix for AA. After all, she doesn't have Skylar, and someone will have to run that team.
Running the point can actually hurt someone's chance at AA honors. It really puts an enormous amount of stress on a player and great physical demands.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It is very unlikely that Loyd will run the point this year. Muffet has stated that the PG position will be some combination of Mabrey, Allen, and Holloway, although other players will bring the ball up occasionally. Loyd will be allowed to be Loyd. At least that's the plan!
Did you see the stats from the three overseas games? ND had way more turnovers than assists and the last two games I believe they had 25 in each game.

Lindsey Allen is the only true point on the roster and we all know how hard it is for freshman point guards.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If UConn goes undefeated and all starters Avg Double digits in points, then its possible UConn could get 5 AA on the WBCA All American Team. Do I think it will happen no, but if it does, I wouldn't be surprised. Team Already has three prior All Americans and and with no injuries, Breanna Stewart will also be one. Bria and Moriah will have the toughest time making All American this year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You've been here along time - I'm surprised you're surprised!

;) Not surprised.... just can't see 5 players making AA teams, thats all...

I know you have been here a long time as well. I'm surprised your surprised that she is surprised! :)

But Im a He :mad:

23174l.gif

Reaction Score
If UConn goes undefeated and all starters Avg Double digits in points, then its possible UConn could get 5 AA on the WBCA All American Team. Do I think it will happen no, but if it does, I wouldn't be surprised. Team Already has three prior All Americans and and with no injuries, Breanna Stewart will also be one. Bria and Moriah will have the toughest time making All American this year.
I'm not sure but was Bria an AA on one of the teams her soph year?

Reaction Score
If UConn goes undefeated and all starters Avg Double digits in points, then its possible UConn could get 5 AA on the WBCA All American Team.

No. Not possible.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The reason I think Bria will have trouble making All American is that I think most of points scored by this team will come from the front court players. Also I think there's more competition with guards to make All American.
I'm not sure but was Bria an AA on one of the teams her soph year?[/quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc