Rethinking Florida | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rethinking Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
lol @ Patrick Young being a 1st round pick, dude will be lucky to be drafted at all, I don't see the NBA in his future
he was better at 2010 mcondalds all american game dunk content. I question the DX mock, Pelton has napier squarely in the first round, while ford has him on the bubble but likely first round. givony had him as the damn near last pick until recently.

Reaction Score
The Albany Great Danes #16 seed (A great breed of puppy but not that good of a hoops team) had Fla tied at 39-39 with around 14 minutes to go in the game. The Great Danes held Frazier (the guy JC thinks is the Xfactor for Fla vs. UConn) to 3 points in 31 minutes.

Florida though is a great team. 1 of the best in the history of college hoops. They would have crushed all of John Wooden's UCLA teams and Young would have dominated Jabbar. We have NO chance.

Reaction Score
he was better at 2010 mcondalds all american game dunk content. I question the DX mock, Pelton has napier squarely in the first round, while ford has him on the bubble but likely first round. givony had him as the damn near last pick until recently.

DX does a good job of scouting but their mock drafts months before the draft are always horrible, they don't really start to line up with reality until after workouts are done. And yea, Young's stock has declined with each passing year, too much muscle, not enough mobility, Alex O was better than him and even he was considered a stretch when Phx drafted him in the 2nd round.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Florida is not going to be a surprise - they're very similar in style to teams UConn has played all year. They're better than they were earlier in the season, but that's true of all of the Final Four teams.

Unfortunately, it's a style that UConn doesn't always look very good against - Cincy, SMU, Florida, UL, etc., are all cut from the same cloth. They're strong and they defend very well. (Thankfully, they don't turn people over like UL nor do they guard the three point line as effectively.)

It's a winnable game, but my hunch is that if UConn does win, it's going to be a rockfight down to the final second. (Again.)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not interested in Young's prospects in June, August or next November. He'll be pro somewhere, maybe even in the state of Florida. I'm only interested in how he plays this game in college in Dallas.

Reaction Score
DX does a good job of scouting but their mock drafts months before the draft are always horrible, they don't really start to line up with reality until after workouts are done. And yea, Young's stock has declined with each passing year, too much muscle, not enough mobility, Alex O was better than him and even he was considered a stretch when Phx drafted him in the 2nd round.
I find Young extremely immobile watching this ucla florida game. We goin have to knock down treys vs all of donovons junk defenses. ucla shot 3-18

Reaction Score
Did you know 6 out of the last 7 NC's were 1 seeds? We have no chance. Wonder who the NC was, that was not a 1 seed? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom