Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And what did we give them? The worst football program in the country? A 9th place men’s basketball program?
We gave them a National Championship in mens basketball and multiple National Championships in womens basketball. Maybe Mohegan Sun can be the new home of the Big East WBB tournament.

Reaction Score
College basketball will die due to a true NBA development league/college replacement where players can be paid long before a P5-only tournament will happen.
Excellent point. And hopefully football will catch up with baseball, hockey and basketball soon.

Reaction Score
I’m struggling to understand how you can go back to a place you’ve never been. The New Big East is not the Big East. We were never in the New Big East.

semantics

Reaction Score
Didn't seem to hurt Memphis too badly.
Like I said, I never fully agreed with that opinion. The people who fully bought in would argue that Penny has AAU ties and some sort of shine about him and that is why he is killing us in recruiting. Again, we will see.

Reaction Score
Will be good to play Syracuse, Boston College, Pitt, and Louisville in basketball again. Oh, wait, the NBE now includes Creighton, Butler, and Xavier.

When the college athletics split comes and the "P5 basketball tournament" includes the AAC, MWC, and maybe 1 or 2 other G5 conferences, we will all point back to this move and wonder what UConn's leaders were thinking.

I am on the record. I oppose this move.

Me too, but in the interim before it all falls apart I'm really looking forward to the basketball.

Reaction Score
Very excited about this! Of course I’m worried a little bit about the $, but I’m sure the NBE will be getting a bigger contract with UConn. At the end of the day - I’m an alumni but also a fan. I had little to no interest in the teams, outside of Cincy, Memphis and maybe Houston. I’m pumped to be able to see Nova, GTown, St. John’s, PC, etc back on the schedule. Also, Hurley is going to KILL IT recruiting now. Overall, they couldn’t let football continue to kill basketball.

Reaction Score
Very excited about this! Of course I’m worried a little bit about the $, but I’m sure the NBE will be getting a bigger contract with UConn. At the end of the day - I’m an alumni but also a fan. I had little to no interest in the teams, outside of Cincy, Memphis and maybe Houston. I’m pumped to be able to see Nova, GTown, St. John’s, PC, etc back on the schedule. Also, Hurley is going to KILL IT recruiting now. Overall, they couldn’t let football continue to kill basketball.

Why would they get a better contract. UCONN basketball is a bottom feeder in the AAC.

People need to stop living in the past.

Reaction Score
I gotta say. Now that this seems like it's actually happening, I am so glad to not be in the same company as these lousy directional nobody schools and their crappy fanbases. The AAC fans from Houston, SMU, UCF, et. al are completely unbearable. The only fans I ever see online that aren't complete morons are Cinci fans

Reaction Score
The alert on my phone says "plans for football still TBD"

I'm guessing that stands for "to be destroyed."
it probably (hopefully) means that we're just not ready to announce that either.

Reaction Score
You're right. Better to destroy the program entirely then so the hoops fans can have their annual nostalgia tour at MSG.
Destroy what? There is nothing left but losses. Games and money! If the team was even mediocre in the AAC, you would have a point. But they aren't. Not even close. Laughingstock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom