Renee's Blog about the CT Sun Trades | The Boneyard

Renee's Blog about the CT Sun Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Now that is some good 'reporting'. Really well handled. Hadn't realized she was part of the negotiations.

Reaction Score
They should be a good team to watch this season. Chiney and Allysa are kind of the same type of players-
very quick and aggressive. Good rebounders but Chiney may have an edge on defense.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Even if Tina was being a diva (as the CT reporter stated), she was not the first. Cappie Pondexter did the same thing to Phoenix after 2009, as she wanted the Mercury to be her team, not "Diana and Cappie's team" or "Diana as 1a and Cappie as 1b." Phoenix got Candice Dupree out of the trade.

I think Conn made out far better than Phoenix. First, Chiney has All Star potential, especially with an expanded shot (which she showed off at times this year). Second, so does Alyssa Thomas, provided she expands her shooting range, uses her mid-range game more, and transitions to balancing having the ball in her hands and being effective when she does not. And Chelsea Gray, once healthy, gives the team a big point guard with some of the best natural passing vision I have ever seen outside of Taurasi and a few others. The team also gets Kelsey Bone, who should be improved working with Donovan and Gillom. Plus, there is another first round pick thrown in for 2015, though it is a weak draft. Still, the Sun have six first round picks in three years (Bone, Chiney, Alyssa, Gray, its 2015 pick, NY's 2015 pick). That should be mroe than enough to rebuild.

Reaction Score
They should be a good team to watch this season. Chiney and Allysa are kind of the same type of players-
very quick and aggressive. Good rebounders but Chiney may have an edge on defense.
Yes, a good team to watch. They got the best return of players given the situation. However, with a young team I don't expect them to be serious playoff contenders for at least a year and maybe more.

Reaction Score
Now that is some good 'reporting'. Really well handled. Hadn't realized she was part of the negotiations.
Renee

Very diplomatic Renee. Reading betw lines it seems that a number of players were not satisfied with the Coach (and Manag)-- forcing players to go all out following an injury doesn't worth the money they are paid. Saying you only want players who want to be here (a truism until stated) is not exactly professional, and one shouldn't speak to or treat grown women as girls. Once you step over the line it is hard for grown-ups and people who knows their worth to bother with you. I don't think Tina acted like a diva (at lleast no one said she wanted the coach fired-- even if she hated or simply disrespect her) and the coach should have (if she didn't) take off to Russia and have an adult talk. But, just as manag. can trade a player (s) in the interest of the business/team, so should a player have the right to ask for a trade.

Reaction Score
Certainly looks like coach/management was pushing all the wrong buttons. I mean every team wants players that want to be there, but at the same time that team needs to be a place that players want go to/stay at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom