Remember when Rutgers told N.D. no? | The Boneyard

Remember when Rutgers told N.D. no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They refused Notre Dame's request to hold Rutgers' home games against the Irish in Giants Stadium & voided the multiyear home & home contract. WELL!
I was just visiting the Rutgers Rivals site. There's a thread stating that Rutgers A.D. Pernitti stated that the Scarlet will explore playing "Big" (or is it "BiG") games infrequently at both MetLife & Yankee Stadiums. Funny what their new surroundings will accomplish.

Reaction Score
Got to help pay for the stadium expansion.....oh wait that won't work.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Of course they will play Michigan and Ohio State at Metlife and sell 25k extra tickets.

Reaction Score
They refused Notre Dame's request to hold Rutgers' home games against the Irish in Giants Stadium & voided the multiyear home & home contract. WELL!
I was just visiting the Rutgers Rivals site. There's a thread stating that Rutgers A.D. Pernitti stated that the Scarlet will explore playing "Big" (or is it "BiG") games infrequently at both MetLife & Yankee Stadiums. Funny what their new surroundings will accomplish.

Actually watched the press conference on BTN today - it was a question from the floor, he responded and the reporter said something unintelligible and Pernitti bristled. Made me think it was part of the "deal".

Reaction Score
Extra seats = more reason for B1G fans to make the trip, be closer to NYC, and blow money in NYC.

Reaction Score
Every conference wants to claim they "own" NYC. Of course, RU will play games there. That would have happened regardless of their conference affiliation. It is one of the few things they bring to the table.

Reaction Score

Apples and Oranges.

ND wanted a "home and home" series, with all of our "home" games at Giants Stadium except that then on top of that we would split the gate. We told them to take a hike. What our AD said yesterday was similar to what happened to us in 2010 when we played Army at NMS. If NMS is going to offer us (for example) 4 million to play Michigan at NMS and we normally make 2 million at HPSS. Well, which would you do? That is free money. We will do it occasionally and I am fine with that, just as I was fine with it when NMS gave us an extra million more than we would've made had we played Army at a sold out HPSS.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Apples and Oranges.

ND wanted a "home and home" series, with all of our "home" games at Giants Stadium except that then on top of that we would split the gate. We told them to take a hike. What our AD said yesterday was similar to what happened to us in 2010 when we played Army at NMS. If NMS is going to offer us (for example) 4 million to play Michigan at NMS and we normally make 2 million at HPSS. Well, which would you do? That is free money. We will do it occasionally and I am fine with that, just as I was fine with it when NMS gave us an extra million more than we would've made had we played Army at a sold out HPSS.

I would do whatever I was asked to be in that stable profitable conference, which, incidently bolsters your schools academic mission. Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom