Reflections of a homer | The Boneyard

Reflections of a homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Ok, I admit it, I drank the Koolaid a long time ago. For background, I've been a season ticket holder since 1980 (men's) and 1985 (women's). Yes I remember games in the field house.

Through the years I've taken my kids and friends to countless games. In the early days I always cautioned the person next to me to watch for flying elbows as I used to get exercised quite easily back then and perhaps my game language was less than PC.

Somewhere along the way I started taking everything personally. This was 'my' team. You insulted my player, my coach, me. I totally lost perspective and I'm ok with that. I guess that what fan(atic)s are.

Now, when we are truly not only on the top of the mountain but we own the mountain, I can't believe the conversation that we are 'bad for women's basketball'. Excellence is what we all should be striving for. To denigrate those who achieve it just makes you smaller.

I do understand and dismiss out of hand those haters who have nothing good to say about wbb, at any level. That they feel compelled to comment incessantly on something they care naught for, says volumes about their insecurity and size of their hands. It's ok not to like a sport, just don't be a little dick about.

I look forward to every bb season. It is a part of my life and I'm glad it is.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Amen... Amen...

Ignore the Nay Sayers... It's their loss, not ours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#
Top Bottom