Red Sox Splits | The Boneyard

Red Sox Splits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After tonights 4-3 loss to the Phillies the Sox are now 4-16 when they score 3 runs or less. They continue to struggle with runners in scoring position and with hitting into double plays. At first glance they appear to be an offensive powerhouse, especially being 2nd in the league in runs scored. Upon further review they've lost 80% of their low scoring games. With Baltimore and Tampa surging lately, they need to get their act together quickly or could miss the playoffs for the 4th year in a row.

Reaction Score
Way too early to be talking playoffs. Every team in the Al East could make the playoffs and every team could miss them. Teams that leave runners in scoring position are generally good hitting teams or the runners wouldn't be on base to begin with but you are right, they need to do a better job of staying out of DPs and advancing runners.
It won't be offense that keeps the Sox out of the playoffs, it will be pitching. If Lester and Bucholtz keep it together and if Bailey stays healthy I like their chances.

Reaction Score
The other team is running out of magic and needs to get healthy fast or they'll be out of it.......their #1 CC may also have seen his better days so this team is a huge question mark.......

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Way too early to be talking playoffs.

No, it's not. They've played 2 months of division-leading baseball. Why wouldn't you talk playoffs? Y'wanna wait until they clinch? Why? What's the downside, some Yankee fan gives you a little grief? Please. They already started a few weeks ago when the Sox had that bad stretch. Let's Go Mets!

Reaction Score
No, it's not. They've played 2 months of division-leading baseball. Why wouldn't you talk playoffs? Y'wanna wait until they clinch? Why? What's the downside, some Yankee fan gives you a little grief? Please. They already started a few weeks ago when the Sox had that bad stretch. Let's Go Mets!
The last thing I worry about is Yankee fans. If you read Mau's post, they have their own issues. There are about 5 months of baseball left so yes it is too early for me to talk playoffs.We agree on one thing "Lets go Mets !."

Reaction Score

Waq you're the worst here so what do I expect but this BS........good for you. I still remember last year when you guys lost like something like 100 and I didn't bust your balls.....but there's along way to go and things change quickly!! We get healthy we may give your all star team a run who knows......:rolleyes:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Waq you're the worst here so what do I expect but this BS........good for you. I still remember last year when you guys lost like something like 100 and I didn't bust your balls.....but there's along way to go and things change quickly!! We get healthy we may give your all star team a run who knows......:rolleyes:

Mau, you should know that you are not the only Yankee fan in the world. And besides that you really have to be looking for trouble if you see Yankee fan ball-busting in that post. I was emphasizing my contention that it isn't too early to be thinking playoffs. Isn't there some stat that shows that the team leading the division on June 1 usually wins the division? And if they don't so what? It's more fun on the bandwagon early.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Deep I guess...........must be tough times to make Niese,, Pelphrey and Gee look like All Stars - yikes!! I get the Harvey game he's the real deal but c'mon, the magic is over. Then again having Wells, Overbay and Boesch batting in or around the 3-4-5 spots in the lineup will eventually kill you......

Heal fast or be behind too many good teams to make the playoffs..........expect this to continue unfortunately through the weekend........

Reaction Score
Congrats to Deep I guess...........must be tough times to make Niese,, Pelphrey and Gee look like All Stars - yikes!! I get the Harvey game he's the real deal but c'mon, the magic is over. Then again having Wells, Overbay and Boesch batting in or around the 3-4-5 spots in the lineup will eventually kill you......

Heal fast or be behind too many good teams to make the playoffs..........expect this to continue unfortunately through the weekend........
I know you added that last comment to put the curse on the Sox.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Way too early to be talking playoffs. ...
It won't be offense that keeps the Sox out of the playoffs, it will be pitching. If Lester and Bucholtz keep it together and if Bailey stays healthy I like their chances.

Heck of a win last night. Is it OK to get excited yet, Danzz?

Reaction Score
Heck of a win last night. Is it OK to get excited yet, Danzz?
Outstanding win last night and yes, it is ok to get excited now, it isn't May any longer. I'm not sure the Sox rotation sets up well for the playoffs with no real shut down ace but getting to the playoffs is the first objective. They win tonight and the AL East is a 2 team race if it isn't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom