Recruiting Trips/Visits | The Boneyard

Recruiting Trips/Visits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do we know if Geno/coaches are planning any trips to watch any recruits during the high school playoffs? Or do we know if any recruits are planning any visits after their season ends?

Fingers crossed for Jade Williams and Megan Walker!!

Reaction Score
Also, as a side note, Megan Walker retweeted Lexi Gordon's twitter post about her committing to UConn. Hopefully that is a good sign...:D
I guess I'd want to know if Megan generally retweets similar tweets from friends who declare.

HGN

Reaction Score
Lets just hope that Walker knows that there is still plenty of room on the roster for her to join Lexi.

My hope is that Walker will maintain her interest and keep UConn in the mix. I am confident that UConn will maintain its interest in such a talent. The thought of a 2017 Class of Gordon, AEH , Walker , a Post , and a returning Nurse , Butler , KLS , Collier , Ekmark , Gabby , Dangerfield, Irwin , and Bent , would be A FF TEAM.

IMHO , getting Walker is a key. At least in my dreams and imagination.

Reaction Score
Walker will be a huge get. But I also want 1 or 2 skilled big who can move and defend. Losing Tori Mccoy to Ohio State disappointed me. Seems like all the good talent is going elsewhere now to beat uconn but than players realize it's all about coaching and the systems.

Reaction Score
Walker will be a huge get. But I also want 1 or 2 skilled big who can move and defend. Losing Tori Mccoy to Ohio State disappointed me. Seems like all the good talent is going elsewhere now to beat uconn but than players realize it's all about coaching and the systems.

Mccoy came with her sister. A lot of schools walked away from that, even Tennessee.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It does? And yet we have in our freshman class the #1 player and a top 5 player. Next year we have the #3 player. The following year we have a top 15-20 kid (Hunter) and a top 30 kid who is exploding and will probably be at least a bit higher when all is said and done in Gordon. And UCONN is all over the top 3 kids in 2018.

I totally agree that losing Cox, McCoy, and the other post players who eliminated UCONN earlier in their process was disappointing. But I hardly think "all the good talent is going elsewhere..."

Reaction Score
It does? And yet we have in our freshman class the #1 player and a top 5 player. Next year we have the #3 player. The following year we have a top 15-20 kid (Hunter) and a top 30 kid who is exploding and will probably be at least a bit higher when all is said and done in Gordon. And UCONN is all over the top 3 kids in 2018.

I totally agree that losing Cox, McCoy, and the other post players who eliminated UCONN earlier in their process was disappointing. But I hardly think "all the good talent is going elsewhere..."
Aja Wilson Dimond Deshields Lianne Harper just to name a few but I figure these girls want to see if they can change the culture of WNCAA by beating Uconn. We still get the top players your right but I'm lost on recruiting a Molly bent over a big she came out of no where. And how good is Kayla Irwin?

Reaction Score
Aja Wilson Dimond Deshields Lianne Harper just to name a few but I figure these girls want to see if they can change the culture of WNCAA by beating Uconn. We still get the top players your right but I'm lost on recruiting a Molly bent over a big she came out of no where. And how good is Kayla Irwin?
Don't tell me other schools are getting some of the good players:( Say like Deshields or Russell at UT. And we're stuck with Williams, Lou, and Pheese. We're doomed!

Reaction Score

Geno explained why he recruited Molly. They saw her play and never needed to check the rankings. It was a no-brainer.

Reaction Score

My guess, on the lack of signing a big, is that either Geno didn't see anyone suitable for the Huskies or the bigs he wanted didn't want to go to Connecticut. He can't force them to come to Storrs.
It's also difficult to have 9 or 10 McD's AA's on the roster and keep them all happy at the same time. A couple of highly rated players who aren't going to get playing time would most likely transfer out (eg. Sadie Edwards). That doesn't help with continuity.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm predicting the 2017 class will be one of the greatest recruiting years in UConn history. I'm also predicting a big from the SW not originally on our list will show sudden interest in UConn. I'm predicting another major recruit committing within 6 months, and perhaps 2 more within the year. I'm predicting 2 major young F/W's sending out feelers to UConn about transfers.

Reaction Score
My guess, on the lack of signing a big, is that either Geno didn't see anyone suitable for the Huskies or the bigs he wanted didn't want to go to Connecticut. He can't force them to come to Storrs.
It's also difficult to have 9 or 10 McD's AA's on the roster and keep them all happy at the same time. A couple of highly rated players who aren't going to get playing time would most likely transfer out (eg. Sadie Edwards). That doesn't help with continuity.
What's the story on Felicia Aiyeotan. To my untrained eye, she seems like a kid with huge potential. A project perhaps, but a 6'9" project. In fact, why doesn't Geno simplify recruiting by offering scholarships to the entire team of Blair Academy starters. That team is loaded. Ok, now you know why no one has offered me a position as coach.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm predicting the 2017 class will be one of the greatest recruiting years in UConn history. I'm also predicting a big from the SW not originally on our list will show sudden interest in UConn. I'm predicting another major recruit committing within 6 months, and perhaps 2 more within the year. I'm predicting 2 major young F/W's sending out feelers to UConn about transfers.
If our 2017 class includes this player, it will be really, really, really good.

8932618-221x300.jpg

Reaction Score
HuskiesU, you ask about recruiting Molly Bent. How many geniuses didn't recruit Kelly Faris. Only UConn and ND recruited her. How many schools had wished they had recruited Kelly at the end of her career?

Reaction Score
HuskiesU, you ask about recruiting Molly Bent. How many geniuses didn't recruit Kelly Faris. Only UConn and ND recruited her. How many schools had wished they had recruited Kelly at the end of her career?
Kelly Faris was different as you pointed she had another highly school recruiting her what I'm saying Molly Bent became a late bloomer for us I haven't heard of her until she signed.

Reaction Score
I am not up on all of the recruiting rules but when can 2017 recruit begin making "official" visits to schools they are interested in? I remember KLS, Collier, and Boykin all came in the spring after their junior year I believe.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I am not up on all of the recruiting rules but when can 2017 recruit begin making "official" visits to schools they are interested in? I remember KLS, Collier, and Boykin all came in the spring after their junior year I believe.
I believe it starts sometime in April that official visits can be taken.

Reaction Score
ok well I hope we are in the process of scheduling a few officials!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
If our 2017 class includes this player, it will be really, really, really good.

8932618-221x300.jpg
I'm thinking the prospect of #32 wearing Husky blue is looking better by the minute. I'm thinking that #13 from The Colony TX is looking just as good.

Reaction Score
Agreed! It's puzzling to see everyone wringing their hands. We can only have 5 on the court at a time and maybe 8 or so super quality player altogether. Seems like everyone is playing "fantasy women's college basketball".

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
ok well I hope we are in the process of scheduling a few officials!!
Cuts both ways - sometimes it is better for players to take officials when the team is actually practicing in the fall.

Reaction Score

Good enough for Geno to give them a schlorship

Reaction Score
a while back there was a twitter post from Charli Collier that showed her and Jade Williams at a game together. Would be nice to get them both! Sway one and the other may tag along!

Reaction Score
I'm thinking the prospect of #32 wearing Husky blue is looking better by the minute. I'm thinking that #13 from The Colony TX is looking just as good.
Excuse my ignorance. Who are #32 and #13? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom