Recruiting Process and KLS | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Process and KLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
hahaha...don't be afraid to just make stuff up, then discuss it. Perhaps you should have left the speculating table after you were wrong on ND and UCLA. But, you double down..

My take...apparently KLS wanted to matriculate at UCONN.
Good call Ozzie.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
With all fairness to the Stanford people (and KLS) how many family members do you want on a team. I think it's better to have none- but 2 as max. Three is really weird and the whole chemistry thing begins to smell. Do you put all 3 on the floor at the same time, or do you work out a system to avoid it. I would think Tara found herself in a bind- you have to go after the best and KLS is the best, but it's a nightmare that you have 2 other lookalike. Perhaps Tara was preying that the older sister (Bonnie?) saw this coming and decide to graduate a year earlier.
I believe the oldest sister graduates this year so it would have remained two playing for Stanford had Katie chosen to go there.
Interesting concept hj, but cabbie correct. So your hypothesis really doesn't have anything to do with the Samuelson's. ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
In an article in one of the girls' HS on line sites late last summer/early fall Katie's mother revealed that Karlie intended to head to UConn but then her uncle died and she decided it was more important to stay close to the family at that emotional, traumatic time and the sisters share everything, so I suspect Karlie viewing UConn as her favorite had some influence on Katie. PS: Actually was this ESPNW article: http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-comme...super-60-2015-class-follow-footsteps-stanford

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Plus he gets to sample those California wines whenever he gets there.
In an article in one of the girls' HS on line sites late last summer/early fall Katie's mother revealed that Karlie intended to head to UConn but then her uncle died and she decided it was more important to stay close to the family at that emotional, traumatic time and the sisters share everything, so I suspect Karlie viewing UConn as her favorite had some influence on Katie. PS: Actually was this ESPNW article: http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-comme...super-60-2015-class-follow-footsteps-stanford

I am not sure that Karlie was 100% sure of heading to UConn two years ago, I am pretty sure there was another school in the picture, besides Stanford, but I think there was some turnover in the coaching staff at that school which led the decision away from that school.

One other thing, Katie Lou is called "Lou" 99.44% of the time by 100% of the people that know her, not "Katie". The other .56% of the time she is called Katie-Lou. I have never heard her called just Katie.

Stanford has been watching her for years. I was at an AAU viewing tournament a few years ago, before Lou was even in HS and Amy Tucker, Assoc Coach at Stanford was there to watch her. Also, the venue for this event wasnt the main venue, but one away from the main games where many of the younger teams would play and rarely be seen by coaches.

As to the part of the California wines...................how true, from what I have heard.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
One other thing, Katie Lou is called "Lou" 99.44% of the time by 100% of the people that know her, not "Katie". The other .56% of the time she is called Katie-Lou. I have never heard her called just Katie.
I don't know her, probably never will. So I'll just call her KLS or Samuelson. And if I ever met her in person, Ms Samuelson.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Youngest child choosing her own path.

Stories I've read about Karlie's recruitment said she wanted to go to UConn, but some family health issue (uncle?) resulted in the decision to stay closer to home at Stanford.

Reaction Score
I also think for KLS, it comes down to that she can be a potential Olympian/VERY good pro. She will have a long basketball career and can probably make top dollar overseas. If you want to have a basketball career, there really isn't a better place than UConn. In that recent interview with Chiney, she said UConn was a close second, but the academic opportunities at Stanford was the deciding factor for her post-bb career.

Where as, Bonnie and Karlie won't make the WNBA and won't command top dollar overseas, so the Stanford degree is more important. Again, not knocking UCONN's academics, but having a Stanford degree will open more doors (initially).

Reaction Score
hahaha...don't be afraid to just make stuff up, then discuss it. Perhaps you should have left the speculating table after you were wrong on ND and UCLA. But, you double down..

Matriculate? I didn't even know she has a boyfriend.:cool:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I wouldn't readtoo much into this. I'm sure Tara was equally as involved, and we shouldn't underplay the role of Uconn other coaches. Personally, I had ND higher on her list- tied w/ Uconn and w/ UCLA a strong alternative to the latter. By going to UCLA she would stay home and get to play against her sisters. With all fairness to the Stanford people (and KLS) how many family members do you want on a team. I think it's better to have none- but 2 as max. Three is really weird and the whole chemistry thing begins to smell. Do you put all 3 on the floor at the same time, or do you work out a system to avoid it. I would think Tara found herself in a bind- you have to go after the best and KLS is the best, but it's a nightmare that you have 2 other lookalike. Perhaps Tara was preying that the older sister (Bonnie?) saw this coming and decide to graduate a year earlier. As for Geno, once Tara found herself in the box it was going to be difficult to strike him out 3X. Selecting ND would be a total rejection after the other sisters made it clear that it was Stanford or Uconn- on both ocassions.

Even if all three sisters would be there at the same time, you take the #1 player in the country. Every single time. I don't see why having three sisters is a 'nightmare' anyway. What does it matter? You know they can already play really well together and that they get along (in this case).

Reaction Score
Even if all three sisters would be there at the same time, you take the #1 player in the country. Every single time. I don't see why having three sisters is a 'nightmare' anyway. What does it matter? You know they can already play really well together and that they get along (in this case).

Each to his/her own- I would trade up/down to avoid it. Have there ever been 3 sisters/brothers together? In any regards, I stand corrected about the Stanford situation (ha her in the incoming class), and about her statements here and there about Uconn. Like very much the decision and its swiftness, as it gives other schools time to use their energy more effectively on other recruits.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Stories I've read about Karlie's recruitment said she wanted to go to UConn, but some family health issue (uncle?) resulted in the decision to stay closer to home at Stanford.
It was an uncle's death.

Reaction Score

We are all engaging in 'partial' truths and 'plausible' stories aren't we?

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Duke has had the three Plumlee brothers - Mason (MP1), Miles (MP2), and Marshall (MP3). All three were on the team together during Marshall's redshirt year (Miles played the center position, while Mason was a power forward when starting next to Miles and the center when starting next to Ryan Kelly).

It worked out really well. Miles was a top 80-100 recruit, who turned into an NBA first round draft pick and is the starting center on the Phoenix Suns. Mason was a top 10-15 recruit who was an NBA first round draft pick and finished among the top five NBA rookies this year. Marshall is entering his junior year at Duke.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Duke has had the three Plumlee brothers - Mason (MP1), Miles (MP2), and Marshall (MP3).

I predict Marshall will do the best, given that he's already had a significant internet music protocol named after him! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom