2025 Recruiting: - Recruiting: Jalen Haralson | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Recruiting: Jalen Haralson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't remember him being mentioned on here. Top 10 in 2025 class.

The defending champs, UConn, how much interest is there and what’s the pitch?

“I talked to Coach Moore several times and they love Midwest kids and the fire that we play with. They started showing interest before I played a high school game, so they have been showing interest for a while now.

Note to any moderator: Can you change the "2025" prefix to "2025 Recruiting" like the other years? Thanks.

Reaction Score
And how would you best break down your game?

“I’m a big guard that can score at all three levels and get my teammates involved. I feel like I’m the best in the country with my size, speed, and IQ.”

6’7 205 combo guard!

Reaction Score
There’s that phrase again in reference to Duke—they’re making him a “priority”. Maybe they are. But that phrase isn’t true when applied to 3-5 recruits in the same class AND kids in the portal. They can’t ALL be “priorities”.

Reaction Score
And how would you best break down your game?

“I’m a big guard that can score at all three levels and get my teammates involved. I feel like I’m the best in the country with my size, speed, and IQ.”

6’7 205 combo guard!

Might be the kind of player a successful season/draft position for Castle would help with.

Reaction Score
Might be the kind of player a successful season/draft position for Castle would help with.
This.

How many 2023/2024 prospects have referenced Jordan Hawkins when they discuss their interest to UConn?

I can imagine plenty of 2024/2025 prospects referencing Clingan and hopefully Castle too.

Reaction Score
Any relation to Scottie Haralson by chance?
God I hope not. He is one of my top five least time. He played for himself. I remember him throwing up a 3 pointer at end of a blowout win at the Civic Center with Calhoun yelling, “No shots.” Calhoun made a bee line for him at the buzzer. I thought Calhoun was going to strangle him at half court.

Reaction Score
“Coach Scheyer is really impressed with my ball skills and competitive nature. They recruit winners at Duke and he made it known I was a priority for them.”

Scheyer says they recruit winners.
So, the interviewer's next question should have been, "if that's the case, why has UConn won two more championships than Duke in the last 25 years?"
Next question: "Do you want to play for a coach who gets all those talented winners, and can't win championships?"
Next question: "Do you think Coach Scheyer is so focused on your ball skills he may not properly develop your other skills?"

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
“Coach Scheyer is really impressed with my ball skills and competitive nature. They recruit winners at Duke and he made it known I was a priority for them.”

Scheyer says they recruit winners.
So, the interviewer's next question should have been, "if that's the case, why has UConn won two more championships than Duke in the last 25 years?"
Next question: "Do you want to play for a coach who gets all those talented winners, and can't win championships?"
Next question: "Do you think Coach Scheyer is so focused on your ball skills he may not properly develop your other skills?"
I’d eliminate UConn from my list if the interviewer used this line of questioning. Also Scheyer is in year two, and might have the best roster in the country on paper right now. Maybe give him a chance?

Reaction Score

Mr. Versatility: 2025 SF Jalen Haralson

Jalen Haralson is a known commodity, someone who has college recruitment and a reputation. With his Fishers High (IN) team and with his Indy Elite team on Nike’s EYBL Circuit, you see the scoring ability. As a 6-foot-7 wing, we knew coming into the week he could score in a variety of ways.

In this training camp setting, he was able to score, but Haralson was able to do so much more. He played on the ball when his team needed, he was a floor spacer with his three-point shooting. Haralson was able to guard down a line up and get forwards on the block. His versatility played a major asset in his team's winning a lot of reps throughout the training camp. It also showed a side of Haralson I had not seen prior. He caught the eye of the NBA personnel in attendance. A lot of positivity throughout each session.

Reaction Score
Jalen Haralson - During high school and grassroots ball, the 2025 five-star prospect plays with the ball in his hands a lot more in an attempt to use him is a primary playmaker. At USAB he was used more as utility guard/big wing player who can handle in transition, defend multiple spots and use his strength to his advantage on slashing drives from the wing. The wing role appears to suit him much better than that of point guard and he’s a guy that we probably need to consider as more of a small forward than his current listing at combo guard moving forward.

Reaction Score
The best long-term prospect in the field was likely Jalen Haralson. With good size, long arms, a strong frame, and some legit playmaking ability for himself and others, he possessed a unique combination of tools within the field. He could make plays off the dribble in the open floor, operate out of ball-screens, and showed a passing acumen to match his scoring, even if he didn’t always fully assert himself like he was capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom