Recap of the newcomers: first night | The Boneyard

Recap of the newcomers: first night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was pretty close to the court. Great to see the new guys in action. Here are my thoughts:

Brimah: great motor, loves the game, very long, not as raw or thin as advertised. Love his upside.

Kromah: solid and mature, much better athlete than RJ. Will add nice depth to backcourt.

Facey: long, athletic and built pretty well. A little more raw than I had hoped, but I think he is going to be very good in time;

Samuel: hardly noticed him. Either he didn't play much or didn't do anything that stood out. Built real well for a freshman;

Purvis: very strong and athletic, will be a beast in 2014. Thrilled to have him;

Other notes: Bazz is a man amongst boys; Phil now has a swagger, Niels is solid all around, nice stroke. Tyler is still Tyler, DD is still very thin but will take over games, Boat is just an incredible athlete and really seems to be trying to play more as a pg.

Great to see Brimah and Purvis. They will both be great Huskies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
remember, this is a show for the fans. although i agree with what you said about purvis

Reaction Score
I am excited about Facey.......hope he can play. His athleticism is really impressive, easily would have won the dunk contest. His size is better than anticipated and he's working on his frame already you can tell. Brimah is great to watch, the smile the fun he has. Man is he long and while not as raw as first thought, still a ways to go but love the kid. Terrence was trying to be a fancy facilitator and not much else but this was a show for the big guys who were dunking. Kromah will make us better and deeper no doubt, nice player very strong and can play. Rodney, well are they sure they can't sneak him in this year? That's gonna be fun to watch next year that's all I will say!!

Women got lost a little because it was about the alley oops and dunks so I felt bad actually......for a minute!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Man...our frontcourt is gonna be our strength in a year or two. Facey, Brimah, and Nolan are going to be great as upperclassmen.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I am excited about Facey.......hope he can play. His athleticism is really impressive, easily would have won the dunk contest. His size is better than anticipated and he's working on his frame already you can tell. Brimah is great to watch, the smile the fun he has. Man is he long and while not as raw as first thought, still a ways to go but love the kid. Terrence was trying to be a fancy facilitator and not much else but this was a show for the big guys who were dunking. Kromah will make us better and deeper no doubt, nice player very strong and can play. Rodney, well are they sure they can't sneak him in this year? That's gonna be fun to watch next year that's all I will say!!

Women got lost a little because it was about the alley oops and dunks so I felt bad actually......for a minute!

Yeah, me too. The women weren't getting enough shots, but it still stayed balanced enough to be entertaining. Nice to see all the smiles.

Reaction Score
The men played nice in the first half, but then athleticism took over and the women were essentially spectators in the 2nd half. Loved the pregame comments from Geno and KO. KO is simply the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom