Reality vs fear | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Reality vs fear

Reaction Score
Have you already forgotten how it all turned to merde when we in the AAC? We were down and way out. It even gave us our worst WBB team in 30 years. It wasn't just "a matter of time before UConn came back", it was a freaking miracle! We've already had two miracles in MBB, I'm not counting on a third.
I think we attract miracles. That Brimah play against st.joes was actually miracle #2.

Houston basketball has had 2 miracles:
Olajuwon chose them over st.johns because the weather reminded him of Nigeria. And they made it out of the AAC in grand fashion. Miracles are a dime a dozen in sports. God's a huge sports fan. Why do you think Sunday is the day to rest?

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think we attract miracles. That Brimah play against st.joes was actually miracle #2.

Olajuwon chose them over st.johns because the weather reminded him of Nigeria. And they made it out of the AAC in grand fashion. Miracles are a dime a dozen in sports. God's a huge sports fan. Why do you think Sunday is the day to rest?

Screenshot 2024-04-19 151344.jpg

Reaction Score

UCF has had miracles too.

Reaction Score
I believe you were on the Boneyard in 2

I found the other board during the Orlovsky years in the early 2000's.

I remember how everyone felt about the BC, Cause and Miami leaving. I was a punch in the gut.

The second raid was worse. We knew it was going to happen, but what bothered me the most was that Tranghese chose Marianto as his replacement and Marianto was a basketball guy in a football world. He was also a fool and they ate his lunch.

I wasn't thrilled about how Susan and Ward handled the third raid either.

I think there's a slight opportunity for UConn to land somewhere, but I'm not stressing about it, it's out of my control.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
What can we possibly do?

I have zero fear of being left out in basketball. We're the best basketball program in the country, there's too many good basketball teams in the country to contract, and the tournament is going to expand which I don't like.
We have a coach who won’t be here forever, who half the BY was ready to run out of town 18 months ago. We have the BY cheering when every good player goes pro after a year or two. The portal has made that less of an issue. If the portal is modified somehow to reduce the ease of program jumping, the future changes for UConn. I would not be blinded by current success. The next season or two will tell us more about how well we do with all of the early departures.

In the meantime we have 2 major sports that are on the flip side of each other. Football without conference affiliation will be doing well to have modestly successful seasons do long as they need to keep power conference teams for a third of the schedule. With the current portal we can already see that our better under recruited players leave for what they see as greener pastures. And the women’s basketball program without Geno will have an uncertain future because basically the BE has them and really nobody else. I think being on the outside looking in sucks for UConn, but i’m ancient so it probably doesn’t matter to me.

Reaction Score
We have a coach who won’t be here forever, who half the BY was ready to run out of town 18 months ago. We have the BY cheering when every good player goes pro after a year or two. The portal has made that less of an issue. If the portal is modified somehow to reduce the ease of program jumping, the future changes for UConn. I would not be blinded by current success. The next season or two will tell us more about how well we do with all of the early departures.

In the meantime we have 2 major sports that are on the flip side of each other. Football without conference affiliation will be doing well to have modestly successful seasons do long as they need to keep power conference teams for a third of the schedule. With the current portal we can already see that our better under recruited players leave for what they see as greener pastures. And the women’s basketball program without Geno will have an uncertain future because basically the BE has them and really nobody else. I think being on the outside looking in sucks for UConn, but i’m ancient so it probably doesn’t matter to me.
Now that Paige is already the internets new Caitlin (even though paige was a star from the getgo) an unexpected turn of events like that is enough for the powers to salivate at UConn bball.

I've been to Iowa a ton in my life, basketball was just born there this year. The internet moves quick

Reaction Score
Now that Paige is already the internets new Caitlin (even though paige was a star from the getgo) an unexpected turn of events like that is enough for the powers to salivate at UConn bball.

I've been to Iowa a ton in my life, basketball was just born there this year. The internet moves quick
lol Iowa had one of the best women’s coaches ever in the 80s and they were excellent.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

I appreciate your optimism. I’m more Missouri than Iowa i guess. Have to show me first.

Reaction Score
lol Iowa had one of the best women’s coaches ever in the 80s and they were excellent.
Well, I guess if we're gonna be 100% literal... How can we forget the 80s Hawkeye women's team that stole the country's hearts.

Reaction Score

Iowa is a wrestling state.

Reaction Score
Well, I guess if we're gonna be 100% literal... How can we forget the 80s Hawkeye women's team that stole the country's hearts.
Please God tell me we're not pinning our hopes on women's basketball now.

Reaction Score
And what would be the price tag for creating dorms for an additional 15,000 students, changing the entire infrastructure of the campus and creating new roads and lanes in and out of campus, hiring another 800+ professors and additional faculty, building a new on campus arena, expanding and building more classroom space, dining space, exercise facilities, student centers etc.?
That’s part of the process. Figuring out how to accomplish your goals. If you just want to give up and say we can’t do it, that’s all you.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
And what would be the price tag for creating dorms for an additional 15,000 students, changing the entire infrastructure of the campus and creating new roads and lanes in and out of campus, hiring another 800+ professors and additional faculty, building a new on campus arena, expanding and building more classroom space, dining space, exercise facilities, student centers etc.?
They're trying. There's massive new housing complexes currently being built on 275 opposite Hillside road and 195 where 2steps/thumpers used to be. Another development will get underway soon on 195 near CVS.

A half dozen new restaurants are also in the works.

The road infrastructure to support all of this has so far been absent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom