Realistic Staff Changes | The Boneyard

Realistic Staff Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know everyone wants P and company gone....in a perfect world I would too. But let's look at the possible changes rationally (yes Dan you too). What changes do you think will be made.

Offense
Fired/Not Retained:
DeLeone, possibly Cersosimo (one can only hope)

Possibly Leaving for Another Job:
Foley, Day

Defense:
Fired/Not Retained:
Possibly Perkins (Safeties have not exactly lit up the college football world)

Brown

Having Position Duties Changed:
Foley (back to OL)
Wholley (back to TE)
White (back to DB)

pj

Reaction Score
Why wouldn't you list Foley back to OL as a position duty change? Also I don't see why you'd root for Cersosimo to go -- he's done some good things. Only insiders can really judge position coaches. ... Personally I'd rather not see speculation about our better coaches (Foley, Day, Brown) leaving. Wholley is a very good coach too, as far as I can tell.

Reaction Score
I forgot about Foley back to OL...I will edit OP. As far as Cersosimo goes...I have yet to see an improvement in route running or blocking. He was lucky he stayed around after Edsall left...and I can't see him at another FBS school if he diesn't return. As far as his recruiting coordinator duties go...he makes up the big board of recruits we go after. I was asked by a friend of mine (frmrUConn football co-capt. who lives in NJ) if I knew anything about UConn going after Quentin Nelson a big time class of 2014 lineman (ol & dl) from Red Bank Catholic (my buddy's alma mater). I reached out to HFD...he told me he didn't know much. I find it funny that we are desperate fir lineman right now..and this kid Nelson has offers from almost every big school in the Country...and he isn't even on our radar? My buddy actually had to email the staff about this kid! That is Cersosimo in a nut shell to me...in WAY over his head like Hathaway. He doesn't do enough for me to keep him!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
fire GDL now, i want to see shane day call plays. he could be a potential OC in the making we quietly have here. could be a nice discovery
foley to OL and some oher smal changes are fine
new HC this winter...if that means we have to clean house, then so be it. if not i would be interested in seeing day call plays before looking for a young spread type OC.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I forgot about Foley back to OL...I will edit OP. As far as Cersosimo goes...I have yet to see an improvement in route running or blocking. He was lucky he stayed around after Edsall left...and I can't see him at another FBS school if he diesn't return. As far as his recruiting coordinator duties go...he makes up the big board of recruits we go after. I was asked by a friend of mine (frmrUConn football co-capt. who lives in NJ) if I knew anything about UConn going after Quentin Nelson a big time class of 2014 lineman (ol & dl) from Red Bank Catholic (my buddy's alma mater). I reached out to HFD...he told me he didn't know much. I find it funny that we are desperate fir lineman right now..and this kid Nelson has offers from almost every big school in the Country...and he isn't even on our radar? My buddy actually had to email the staff about this kid! That is Cersosimo in a nut shell to me...in WAY over his head like Hathaway. He doesn't do enough for me to keep him!

When I hear "Red Bank", I immediately think Donald Brown....hmm....

Reaction Score
How could I forget about him...over the years UCONN has had approx 10 players from RBC including 3 co-capt's...we are in DESPERATE need of lineman yet a stud in the class of 2014 is basically ignored by our recruiting coordinator! No wonder why we as fans constantly hear "lack of talent" or "not talented enough" from the media.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
How could I forget about him...over the years UCONN has had approx 10 players from RBC including 3 co-capt's...we are in DESPERATE need of lineman yet a stud in the class of 2014 is basically ignored by our recruiting coordinator! No wonder why we as fans constantly hear "lack of talent" or "not talented enough" from the media.

To be honest, I can't find anything on him on Rivals, and very little on a Google search. Do you have anything for him that you can link?

Reaction Score
I know everyone wants P and company gone....in a perfect world I would too. But let's look at the possible changes rationally (yes Dan you too). What changes do you think will be made.

Offense
Fired/Not Retained:
DeLeone, possibly Cersosimo (one can only hope)

Foley, Day

Defense:
Fired/Not Retained:
Possibly Perkins (Safeties have not exactly lit up the college football world)

Brown

Having Position Duties Changed:
Foley (back to OL)
Wholley (back to TE)
White (back to DB)

How about White to LBs and specials(which he already coaches)? From what I've read on him he's been specials and LB coach in the past... and somehow ended up our RB coach... somehow... we need a RB coach too...

Reaction Score

Something's up... There has to be more to this story (FDNY not calling your intel wrong).

Reaction Score

You do realize that he doesn't decide who to offer right? He organizes who goes where for who and who comes in when. The kids tape may have been presented to the people who do decide, we have no idea of that process or what has occured. And for what its worth the WR position has shown improvement and on the recruiting front the kids have nothing but positive feedback for the guy.

Reaction Score
My buddy says he has offers from BC, PSU, MD, Ohio St, Oregon and USC saw him in the spring and wanted film...they are both VERY interested in him. Husky fan dan found his bio on 247 sports. I'm just going off what my buddy tells me. I thunk he knows a little bit more than I do about who can play.

Reaction Score
You do realize that he doesn't decide who to offer right? He organizes who goes where for who and who comes in when. The kids tape may have been presented to the people who do decide, we have no idea of that process or what has occured. And for what its worth the WR position has shown improvement and on the recruiting front the kids have nothing but positive feedback for the guy.
Jerry you have stuck up for him every time I bring this up and I respect your opinion. I just think it's time for him to go...and when he doesn't get another FBS level job I will rest my case about h just not being a FBS level asst. When P is let go...not if but when...this whole staff will go and you sticking up or him or me trashing him will be a moot point. As for the improvement in the wr's...they still run bad routes and they still din't nlock very well down field...but right now the blocking issue is a moot point.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
To be honest, I can't find anything on him on Rivals, and very little on a Google search. Do you have anything for him that you can link?

he has a 247 profile drop the jr from his name.

Reaction Score
I believe that every coach on the offensive side of the ball is at risk.
DeLeone will not be here next year. The rest will be at the mercy of P (who I believe will be back, even though I hope I'm wrong) and who ever is brought in. I also am guessing who ever is brought in will be selected by Manuel (similar to Luck selecting Holgerson and Anderson selecting the OC at UMd). I believe whoever is brought in needs to have a voice in who his staff is, but I hope they retain Day and Foley. I agree w/ FDNY that we need an upgrade at WR coach.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
he has a 247 profile drop the jr from his name.

Am I getting the spelling wrong?? I'm spelling it "Quentin Nelson", but I still can't find anything...

EDIT: I just answered my own question. "Quenton"...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
From a few things that I've heard, there is no chance that Day returns if GDL is still here. There have been some comments that lead me to believe that Foley is quietly looking for another job which is a crime as nt only is he a quality teacher of blocking fundamentals, he was more than happy to make this his last stop before retirement a few short years ago. I personally don't believe that we have enough quality assistants where we can get away with running a couple of quality assistants out of town without it damaging our program.

Reaction Score
The day that Foley took over the OL I said Foley would simply take a job elsewhere at the end of the season. The only way that happens (other than a new head coach who ants to keep him) is GDL is gone and P basically apologizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom