Realignment Committee | The Boneyard

Realignment Committee

Reaction Score
Hi All. Like most of you, I’m sick of being left behind while schools incredibly less deserving than UConn get a seat at the table. Unfortunately, the school has botched this process too many times that I’m not confident in their abilities to get it right if another opportunity comes around.

I’d like to put together a committee of likeminded diehard UConn fans who are interested in putting forth ideas and strategizing steps that will get us a coveted invite. I know we’re all busy, but we can’t sit back idly anymore and expect the school to handle it.

I have some ideas that I’m currently flushing out. If you are interested in being part of this committee, please DM me. I am not looking for people who aren’t willing to put in effort or are unwilling to step outside their comfort zone to make this happen. Like, we need to go big here.

My hope is that if we all pool together and combine resources, we will make $h!+ happen.

Reaction Score
Realignment has nothing to do with “deserving” or “not deserving”. It is just business and all about the $$$$. Fox has UConn in the Big East for cheap money. Why would Fox want UConn to go to the B12? Fox would need to pay UConn more money, and at the same time devalue their Big East property.

Reaction Score
Hard to say they screwed this one up, but they certainly got suckered. We continue to play by gentlemen’s rules at our peril. The tight-lipped say nothing approach back fired big time. If you want to be acquired you put yourself in play and create at least the appearance of competition. That is investment banking 101 for any sizable business/ asset. Leveraging an effective media strategy and working to create the appearance of other options clearly wasn’t pursued.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Realignment has nothing to do with “deserving” or “not deserving”. It is just business and all about the $$$$. Fox has UConn in the Big East for cheap money. Why would Fox want UConn to go to the B12? Fox would need to pay UConn more money, and at the same time devalue their Big East property.
Because the end of their contract with the big East is coming. Moving Connecticut out of the conference devalues the rest of the conference so that fox won't need to pay quite as much for it.

DGB

Reaction Score
Because the end of their contract with the big East is coming. Moving Connecticut out of the conference devalues the rest of the conference so that fox won't need to pay quite as much for it.
Yeah but then the conference sucks.

Sure, Fox can save some money on a conference without UConn...but if that conference is effectively worthless without UConn the couple million per team they saved isn't worth the move.

Fox is using UConn to prop up the Big East for comparatively nothing. There is no reason for them to move UConn unless they fear losing UConn to another entity.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah but then the conference sucks.

Sure, Fox can save some money on a conference without UConn...but if that conference is effectively worthless without UConn the couple million per team they saved isn't worth the move.

Fox is using UConn to prop up the Big East for comparatively nothing. There is no reason for them to move UConn unless they fear losing UConn to another entity.
I disagree that the big east is valueless without Connecticut, but if that were the case then moving Connecticut to another conference makes even more sense because then fox would save say $6 million per school by not bidding on it. So moving Connecticut to another conference would be very cost efficient under those facts.

Reaction Score
The Big-12 was never going to make an offer to UConn...the logistics just do not make sense...

Reaction Score
Hard to say they screwed this one up, but they certainly got suckered. We continue to play by gentlemen’s rules at our peril. The tight-lipped say nothing approach back fired big time. If you want to be acquired you put yourself in play and create at least the appearance of competition. That is investment banking 101 for any sizable business/ asset. Leveraging an effective media strategy and working to create the appearance of other options clearly wasn’t pursued.
We certainly still suck at PR.

Reaction Score
But they make sense for Cal and Stanford to the ACC?
On the surface no, but The Athletic postulated last week that the ACC could formulate a 2-Division League: East and West. That could possibly make sense with each division playing 2 games with each in-division team and one game with each of the other division teams alternating home game every other year. That would at least minimize the x-country travel.

Reaction Score
On the surface no, but The Athletic postulated last week that the ACC could formulate a 2-Division League: East and West. That could possibly make sense with each division playing 2 games with each in-division team and one game with each of the other division teams alternating home game every other year. That would at least minimize the x-country travel.
Yes, but the same could have been said with us in the B12. WV, Cincy and USF need a 4th in the east.

Reaction Score

At this point San Diego State probably has a better shot at the ACC than we do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom