Ray Allen on Coach Hurley and Kentucky | The Boneyard

Ray Allen on Coach Hurley and Kentucky

Reaction Score
Great quote from a UConn great in an article in The Athletic:
Former UConn star Ray Allen also had a message for Kentucky during the celebration late Monday night:

“I don’t know anybody who could be in a greater situation right now,” Allen told The Athletic. “In six years, he’s carved out an incredible niche here in Connecticut. It’s a great opportunity. And I was recruited by Kentucky, so Kentucky and Connecticut have always been programs that sort of paralleled themselves. But Hurley is our guy.

“And the people in Connecticut have embraced him, they love him. The thing that’s interesting is, success is success here because of Storrs, because of the kids you get here. Success is different at Kentucky, and that’s what Kentucky needs to look for: somebody that can build there in Kentucky. But this is UConn, this is Storrs, and Danny Hurley is our guy.”

Reaction Score
It's great how DH has been able to connect with the former stars, and embrace them. I'm sure having Moore on staff helps and the fact he welcomes JC and his wisdom brings it full circle. He wasn't part of the first 4 titles, but he's embraced them like an adoptive parent!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom