Solo
VI: The Return of the Jedi
Rogue One
VIII: The Last Jedi
VII: The Force Awakens
I: The Phantom Menace
III: Revenge of the Sith
II: Attack of the Clones

This is the correct order. ROJ has Ewoks or it would be third. Solo and Rogue One are better than any of the prequels (natch) or the new sequels because TFA is a remake of A New Hope. Not as bad the remakes of Rollerball, Conan the Barbarian or Dirty Dancing but bad. TLJ was at least an original story though it was packed with unnecessary nostalgia for the old cast. Harrison Ford made the right call in bowing out after TFA. Instead of Leia floating in space and the OJ chase of space battles they could have had more Luke but the main weakness is Kylo trying hard not to become the next Jar Jar/Anakin and failing. You don't build a film franchise around an emo Darth Vader wannabe. Deadpool didn't feature Negasonic Teenage Warhead as anything but comic relief. They are the same character.

As for the prequels, yeah they're bad but I'll take a miscast 8 year old (he should have been a teenager into petty crime like Solo) and the Trade Federation (worst antagonists in movie history) over the unbelievable romance between Anakin and Padme (also Hayden Christensen).

Solo and Rouge One get high marks for original stories. Solo >>> Rogue one based on the fact that I can remember the names of many of the RO characters.

Rogue One is in my Top 3.

It is a great heaist and war movie. It feels like Star Wars.

Plus you get to look at Felicity Jones. I used to have and English girlfriend from Bristol that looked just like her.

Solo doesn’t even feel like a Star Wars movie in the prequels. If I get time I will see it, but it’s not a priority.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I also thought the Last Jedi was really good. I sort of understand why it was polarizing, but it gets so much more hate from people than it deserves. Tons of Star Wars fans think it was worse than the prequels which is unfathomable to me. Attack of the Clones is one of the worst movies I've ever watched.

Every Prequel as bad as you think they are are better than every single thing made this decade.

Theyve really butchered this now.

Last Jedi was almost unwatchable.

Id watch AOTC twice in a row before watching that again.

Rogue one was painful. I wont even bother with Solo.

Reaction Score
The Last Jedi is horrendous for different reasons than the prequels. I’m actually starting to really dislike Star Wars.

What a missed opportunity. So disappointed that they screwed that up. Haven’t even bothered to watch on iTunes.

Reaction Score
Every Prequel as bad as you think they are are better than every single thing made this decade.

TFA, Rogue One and TLJ are on a completely different plane compared to the prequels. The prequels were bad movies and bad star wars movies. The new movies are good movies, granted i think you can argue that they're not great "star wars" movies.

Reaction Score
Let's face it. Have the Star Trek movies with Chris Pine become better star wars movies?

Reaction Score
I also thought the Last Jedi was really good. I sort of understand why it was polarizing, but it gets so much more hate from people than it deserves.

Nope. It gets exactly as much hate as it deserves. Absolutely horrendous from so many different angles.

Reaction Score
Solo is a dud. Struggling to get to 100M.
Indeed. Kennedy is doing all she can to kill the franchise and fans are giving her exactly what she wants, apparently.

People saw TLJ and saw that it sucked out loud and are not going back. Myself included. I'll watch solo when it's free and not before.

Reaction Score
Nope. It gets exactly as much hate as it deserves. Absolutely horrendous from so many different angles.
It's really not. Star Wars nerds are the only people I know that didn't like it and it's because star wars mega fans are always unreasonable

Reaction Score
It's really not. Star Wars nerds are the only people I know that didn't like it and it's because star wars mega fans are always unreasonable
Nonsense. Sure, there was a lot to dislike, passionately, from a star wars fan perspective, but even more from the horrific story telling standpoint. The entire story was completely incoherent and unnecessary.

Go find, literally, any YouTube rant about TLJ and tell me they're wrong.

Here's just one.

Every point is right on the money, and it's only like 8 minutes. There are people out there that have ranted 5 times longer and every point THEY make is also right on the money. TLF was an absolute abomination.

The really ironic thing is, I WOULD be a "star wars mega fan", but for all that Lucas and now Disney have done to the franchise, I'm just not.

The further irony is that at least with Roz Weston, who rips TLJ in the video above actually liked Solo, so maybe it's decent. Too bad. Don't care. Not giving money to Disney any longer until they take the franchise seriously, and that likely means Kennedy and Rian Johnson are both gone and never touch another thing close to any Star Wars project of any kind. And to me, the fact that the movie may be decent, but that fans aren't going, is the exact kind of boycott they deserve.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Last Jedi is horrendous for different reasons than the prequels. I’m actually starting to really dislike Star Wars.

What a missed opportunity. So disappointed that they screwed that up. Haven’t even bothered to watch on iTunes.

And this is all you need to know about what's going on with Star Wars. Not even the political angle so much as putting someone in charge that has no interest whatsoever in the franchise and it's history, or it's fans, but rather, injecting her idiotic politics into it.

_dx7VB8xv6FtVNRQ_MOOVh9XDcaw-vdapmnZJGCyzSo.jpg

Reaction Score

The movie will be remembered for its divisiveness.

It’s badically a movie for people who hate Star Wars.

Reaction Score
And this is all you need to know about what's going on with Star Wars. Not even the political angle so much as putting someone in charge that has no interest whatsoever in the franchise and it's history, or it's fans, but rather, injecting her idiotic politics into it.

Ah now I see why you don't like it. I'm hardly surprised

Reaction Score
The movie will be remembered for its divisiveness.

It’s badically a movie for people who hate Star Wars.
I'm 100% on board to entertain the idea that it's not a great star wars movie. I dont necessarily agree but I can understand that argument. I don't possibly see how it can even be compared to the prequels though. The dialogue and script for the prequels is absolutely horrendous. You're right though, it will be remembered for how divisive it is/was. I'm confident it will age well though

Reaction Score
Kathleen Kennedy, the studio head at Lucasfilm, has been gangster in her management of the franchise. She has offed 2 directors, and put Boba Fett on ice for a while, although that movie seems back in pre-production. If Solo turns out to be good, she will be considered a movie messiah. If it sucks, she will probably be fired. This will be fun to watch.

It never occurred to me that someone could mistreat the Star Wars legacy more than Lucas did with the prequels. I was wrong. Kathleen Kennedy has single-handedly dashed all of the goodwill legions of fans had left for Star Wars; witness the poor box office showing of Solo.

Reaction Score
Whelp, I saw Solo, and, for me, it was the worst of the Disney offerings. Not without some charm, but definitely suffered from the variety of directors.

I also only saw The Last Jedi once (and was pretty drunk, unlike seeing Solo) so I don't feel comfortable ranking it in the list.

Empire

Star Wars
Force Awakens
Rogue One

Jedi

Sith
Solo

Clones
Phantom Menace

Pretty hard to defend placing the Force Awakens above any of the originals because there was nothing, and I mean nothing, original about it. It was a carbon copy of A New Hope. Yes, it is the best of the Disney movies, but only because it was basically the original with new actors.

Reaction Score

This.

I defended The Last Jedi after it first came out, and boy did I regret that defense after seeing it again. The movie sucked. The whole Disney Generation sux.

Reaction Score

The male characters these feminazis created are just horrific. You basically have Po, a bad caricature of Maverick before Maverick learns to stick with his wingman, and Kylo Ren, the whiniest, most beta villian ever seen on the big screen.

August_West

Reaction Score
This.

I defended The Last Jedi after it first came out, and boy did I regret that defense after seeing it again. The movie sucked. The whole Disney Generation sux.

The prequels, and yes there are criticisms, were still Star Wars. Felt like star wars.

I don't even know what this dreck is now.

Reaction Score
The prequels, and yes there are criticisms, were still Star Wars. Felt like star wars.

I don't even know what this dreck is now.

Agreed. The worst part of the prequels was the directing, which manifested with poor performances from good actors. But the writing was still mostly solid stuff.

The Disney movies' writing just plain blows, with the exception of a Force Awakens because A Force Awakens was copied verbatim from A New Hope.

August_West

Reaction Score
The male characters these feminazis created are just horrific. You basically have Po, a bad caricature of Maverick before Maverick learns to stick with his wingman, and Kylo Ren, the whiniest, most beta villian ever seen on the big screen.

Fricking Millenials ruin everything.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It never occurred to me that someone could mistreat the Star Wars legacy more than Lucas did with the prequels. I was wrong. Kathleen Kennedy has single-handedly dashed all of the goodwill legions of fans had left for Star Wars; witness the poor box office showing of Solo.

Solo is going to gross $300 million plus, so it won't exactly suck at the box office. It will be weak by Star Wars standards, but still a solid number in its own right.

I will try to see Solo in the next week to see how bad it really is. The reviews have been fairly kind to it. I think the hostility may just be nerds run amuck.

Reaction Score
Fricking Millenials ruin everything.

Kylo Ren feels like a millennial, doesn't he? I mean, the guy is just a sniveling little b----. I want to shake and slap him like the Godfather does Johnny Fontane as he tells him to "start acting like a man."

August_West

Reaction Score
Kylo Ren feels like a millennial, doesn't he? I mean, the guy is just a sniveling little b----. I want to shake and slap him like the Godfather does Johnny Fontane as he tells him to "start acting like a man."
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Solo is going to gross $300 million plus, so it won't exactly suck at the box office. It will be weak by Star Wars standards, but still a solid number in its own right.

I will try to see Solo in the next week to see how bad it really is. The reviews have been fairly kind to it. I think the hostility may just be nerds run amuck.

Right, because there are some people who are allowing hope to triumph over experience. But those numbers are not solid for a Star Wars movie and there is a downward trend developing.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
here's mine-

V: The Empire Strikes Back
IV: A New Hope
VI: The Return of the Jedi
VIII: The Last Jedi
Rogue One
VII: The Force Awakens
Solo
I: The Phantom Menace