Ranking college basketball's 10 best jobs | The Boneyard

Ranking college basketball's 10 best jobs

Reaction Score
They lost me at :

“Now in his sixth season(Hurley), the program was in a great spot when he inherited it and the Huskies haven't missed a beat.”

I think “great” might be a giant overstatement.
I mean, maybe "high potential" given the program's (semi-recent) history, but KO left an absolute mess.

We were in the bottom half of D1 (not power conferences, all of D1) in KenPom and recruiting players off Youtube, losing by 20 to any program with a pulse.

Reaction Score
We are picked as the 5th best coaching spot in the country. And all the comments so far are negative about what the article (incorrectly) states was the state of the program when DH took over.

Only on the Boneyard
There's nothing wrong with commenting on something that's incorrect in an article.

Reaction Score
There's nothing wrong with commenting on something that's incorrect in an article.
Never said it wasn’t, or you or anyone else can’t or shouldn’t. Just an observation regarding what some on BY choose to focus on

Reaction Score
Never said it wasn’t, or you or anyone else can’t or shouldn’t. Just an observation regarding what some on BY choose to focus on
It is odd what people choose to focus on

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yeah, because getting basic facts wrong typically means the writer may not be all that good at their job. Maybe this is the 5th best job in the country. And if Dan Hurley ultimately retires at some point and goes out on top, we can find out.

Doesn't help that this list leaves out Indiana and includes... Tennessee ? LOL Lot of programs I'd probably put above Tennessee, including many other south eastern teams with more basketball history than Tennessee - Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, etc.

Reaction Score
We are picked as the 5th best coaching spot in the country. And all the comments so far are negative about what the article (incorrectly) states was the state of the program when DH took over.

Only on the Boneyard
I think the sentiment is that Hurley built it into a top 5 coaching spot in the country because when he inherited it, things weren't so shiny and alluring. We were a bit rudderless in the AAC. When he came in, we were still a brand.. but I don't think people were champing at the bit.

Reaction Score
5th is accurate. But I think you can definitely lump us in with the traditional blue bloods in terms of tiers. No coach in todays world from UConn/KU/UK/Duke/UNC would ever get poached to go to any other school, or get poached to go to each other.*

*Roy Williams doesn't count because he is a UNC alum and was returning home to his alma mater.

Reaction Score
I think the sentiment is that Hurley built it into a top 5 coaching spot in the country because when he inherited it, things weren't so shiny and alluring. We were a bit rudderless in the AAC. When he came in, we were still a brand.. but I don't think people were champing at the bit.
Isn't it "chomping" at the bit?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
The article said UConn basketball " was in a great spot when Hurley inherited it " .....
IMG_7723.gif

Reaction Score
Isn't it "chomping" at the bit?
Both are arguably considered correct in modern English (though some insist "champing" is the only legit way to go). "Champing" was the historical word, but in recent times "chomping" has emerged as an acceptable variation, partly because "champ" is no longer commonly used in that sense.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
unfortunately generating pennies from your tv deal (and the future deal looks bleak) means this job is no where near a top 5 job unless uconn finally gets into a power conference.

get method man GIF

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
unfortunately generating pennies from your tv deal (and the future deal looks bleak) means this job is no where near a top 5 job unless uconn finally gets into a power conference.
Imagine what type of life one must live to rack up 1,700+ posts on another team's message board. Does your envy extend to other programs, too?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom