Rank Next Seasons Opponents | The Boneyard

Rank Next Seasons Opponents

Reaction Score
Rank next seasons opponents in order from easiest to hardest and where is the line where we go from being the favorite to the underdog. Please consider home/away status in your rankings

8/31 @ Maryland (Big 10)

9/7 vs. Merrimack (MAAC)

9/14 @ Duke (ACC)

9/21 vs. FAU (Ammerican)

9/28 vs. Buffalo (MAC)

10/5 vs. Temple (American)

10/19 vs. Wake Forest (ACC)

10/26 vs. Rice (American)

11/2 vs. Georgia State (Sun Belt)

11/9 @ UAB (Conference USA)

11/23 @ Syracuse (ACC)

11/30 @ UMass (MAC)

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I want UConn to beat the everliving slap out of all those teams, but particularly Puke, the Fruit, Sleep Woodland, the Turtles, and Ga State, putting those games as the hardest given likely underdog status for UConn and envisioning screwjobs by the refs.

Reaction Score
While I have renewed my season tickets... This is not a happy time post.
This will be a pay your donation or not and sit anywhere you want season again sad to say. This along with walk ups sitting in chair back seating on the 50 yard line.
Our tailgate always a winner for a positive point with good company, food and beverage.

Reaction Score
Rank next seasons opponents in order from easiest to hardest and where is the line where we go from being the favorite to the underdog. Please consider home/away status in your rankings

8/31 @ Maryland (Big 10)12

9/7 vs. Merrimack (MAAC)1

9/14 @ Duke (ACC)11

9/21 vs. FAU (Ammerican)8

9/28 vs. Buffalo (MAC)3

10/5 vs. Temple (American)4

10/19 vs. Wake Forest (ACC)9

10/26 vs. Rice (American)5

11/2 vs. Georgia State (Sun Belt)7

11/9 @ UAB (Conference USA)6

11/23 @ Syracuse (ACC)10

11/30 @ UMass (MAC)2
Ranked. I think there are some wins. 2 points. 1. This is Going to happen when you schedule as am Indy. 2. You don’t want to be in a league, you are going to have years like this. Blah home slate.

Reaction Score
Compared to last year, this is an anemic schedule and can’t imagine we will see many folks other than diehards coming out to watch this drivel.

Reaction Score
I was bored so I used the Sagarin ratings from last year (adjusted to factor home/away) and applied it to this year. Obviously teams will change a lot but this is where UConn Ranks compared to this years scheduled based off of last years results:

vs. Merrimack - 33.50
Temple - 46.07
Buffalo - 51.01
@ UMass - 51.09
UConn - 53.14
FAU - 56.91
@ UAB - 59.69
vs. Rice 59.81
vs. Georgia State 59.84
Wake Forest - 62.41
@ Syracuse - 62.44
@ Duke - 81.55
@ Maryland - 81.99

If we improve to just a 60 rated team which is

Reaction Score
I got cut off in my last post but I was going to say...

If we improve to just a 60 rated team which is about the 110th best team in collegefootball we'd probably make a bowl game with this schedule. As weak as this schedule may be (it really seems like a typical G5 conference schedule) I think making bowl games will help our prospects in conference realignment.

Reaction Score
The eight winnable games on the schedule are listed below.

Merrimack - 33.50
Temple - 46.07
Buffalo - 51.01
@ UMass - 51.09
FAU - 56.91
@ UAB - 59.69
vs. Rice 59.81
vs. Georgia State 59.84

Duke and Maryland will be tough games. If we can win one or two out of Syracuse or Wake Forest we should be in good shape for a bowl game next year?

Wake Forest - 62.41
@ Syracuse - 62.44
@ Duke - 81.55
@ Maryland - 81.99

Reaction Score
The four P4 games are automatic losses.

The rest except for Merrimack are about the same.

Reaction Score
Look at the schedule. And then look at it again. That’s a tough sell
It is a tough sell, but that's not the priority right now. We need to focus on scheduling as many opponents that we have a shot at beating to finally get a few seasons above .500 under our belt. Winning is the only thing that matters right now, not the strength of the opponents or sexiness of the schedule.

Reaction Score
It is a tough sell, but that's not the priority right now. We need to focus on scheduling as many opponents that we have a shot at beating to finally get a few seasons above .500 under our belt. Winning is the only thing that matters right now, not the strength of the opponents or sexiness of
Tone deaf take. A Win is a Win motto or mentality is all well and good when u have a conference and the strength of that conference will fluctuate season to season. UConn’s greatest weakness is football and unfortunately football dictates all things money. Winning 8 games against the ccsu Merrimack sacred heart and Florida intl’s will do nothing for Uconn overall. Not the university nor the athletic department as a whole. You have world class basketball programs and the aspirations of a fanbase is to anticipate a schedule full of fcs or “filler” games as a nucleus for football so they can say they have 8 wins not 3?? Keep ur 8 wins!

Reaction Score
Tone deaf take. A Win is a Win motto or mentality is all well and good when u have a conference and the strength of that conference will fluctuate season to season. UConn’s greatest weakness is football and unfortunately football dictates all things money. Winning 8 games against the ccsu Merrimack sacred heart and Florida intl’s will do nothing for Uconn overall. Not the university nor the athletic department as a whole. You have world class basketball programs and the aspirations of a fanbase is to anticipate a schedule full of fcs or “filler” games as a nucleus for football so they can say they have 8 wins not 3?? Keep ur 8 wins!

You know what does less than that?

Going 3-9.

We won’t have the roster to get 8-9 wins with that schedule.

And it’s only going to get worse when schools start paying kids directly which will start in some places basically now. And it’s coming very soon.

Reaction Score
I got cut off in my last post but I was going to say...

If we improve to just a 60 rated team which is about the 110th best team in collegefootball we'd probably make a bowl game with this schedule. As weak as this schedule may be (it really seems like a typical G5 conference schedule) I think making bowl games will help our prospects in conference realignment.

Most G5s don’t play four P4 opponents. They might play two.

Reaction Score
It is a tough sell, but that's not the priority right now. We need to focus on scheduling as many opponents that we have a shot at beating to finally get a few seasons above .500 under our belt. Winning is the only thing that matters right now, not the strength of the opponents or sexiness of the schedule.
There is something to that. I heard the old Va Tech coach, Beamer, speak on rebuilding one time and he didn’t pull any punches on what he called scheduling for success. He pushed to add an FCS opponent every year, and get games with teams they could beat rather than load up on big names. The goal was to establish a winning tradition first, then upgrade the schedule. But always make sure you have a non-conference schedule where you could go no worse than 2-2 and mostly 3-1, 4-0.

Reaction Score
There is something to that. I heard the old Va Tech coach, Beamer, speak on rebuilding one time and he didn’t pull any punches on what he called scheduling for success. He pushed to add an FCS opponent every year, and get games with teams they could beat rather than load up on big names. The goal was to establish a winning tradition first, then upgrade the schedule. But always make sure you have a non-conference schedule where you could go no worse than 2-2 and mostly 3-1, 4-0.
Yea, speaking from a conference affiliated program. The conference itself is the gauntlet. That is not UConn’s position otherwise I’d agree with that.

Reaction Score
I think the idea is that we're not trying to be most G5s

I think the idea of faking it till you make it isn’t working out.

What we are doing is the very definition of insanity.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Based on @Zerostatic‘s Sagarin research, 4-8. Not far off, I.m.o., to my thoughts of a 3-9 season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom