Random thoughts on Uconn family | The Boneyard

Random thoughts on Uconn family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Am I totally nuts for being so emotional about this win and this tourney? It was such a huge game as a fan yesterday watching it on tv and I wasnt even there. Yeah, to the moon about just winning but it is sooo much more than that. Its how these guys as a program just keep getting back up again on the line. No matter what happens they get back on the line. I am biased but no team in this final 4 has remotely gone through what UConn has in the last 2 years. There are so many heroes. Calhoun for refusing to let someone decide outside of his group who was going to be next. Ollie for managing every moment with style, class, energy, enthusiasm and being the guy. Shabazz for being the leader on the court. Boat, Giffey, Deandre and others for staying. Manuel and Herbst for realizing at some point this isnt a "Normal" program and a "Normal" fan base. This was gonna get done our way and it would be willed. And, the fan base especially the boneyard. I live to come on here and read every post. This is a family affair. So many moments in this drama. My 5 year old asked me why we always talk UConn in our house. Raise all my sons in UCONN basketball. And, I told him the story. U C O N N.

Reaction Score
Not nuts at all. That Fox Sports article ("the rise, fall, and rise of UConn") pretty much summed it up and I think a lot of the players were there last night because they sensed the same thing, this year was an important year for the program. With so much uncertainty arising from so many places, its amazing that this is happening.

The fans were so nuts at the game because I think everyone has been worrying over the past 2 years whether things will keep going in this post-JC post-Big East era. I've been to final fours with UConn and I always had more fun at MSG during the BE Tourneys. I don't think I am alone and I'm sure it was amazing to combine MSG with the NCAA tournament to get that feeling again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom