Rakim Lubin Prospect Evaluation | The Boneyard

Rakim Lubin Prospect Evaluation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can't complain about a Kenneth Faried comparison. It's nice to get any info on this guy as it's been kind of sparse. Hoping he has a killer (and healthy) senior season.

Reaction Score
Love hearing the Kenneth Faried comparison (even though it's only a reference to his build), but trying to temper my expectations. However, after reading that evaluation and as Lubin's high school season progresses, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear more and more how Ollie got a steal. 6'8", at 255 now and continuing to put up 285 multiple times in his senior season. BEAST.

Reaction Score
thanks for this...been starving for more information about this kid.

Reaction Score
I am salivating, no, drooling over the front court Lubin, Facey and Brimah ( both with one year in) next year, 3 headed beast.

It's all your fault, 3! :cool:

Reaction Score
It will be nice having someone that can manhandle the skinny guys for a change!

pj

Reaction Score
I am salivating, no, drooling over the front court Lubin, Facey and Brimah ( both with one year in) next year, 3 headed beast.

It's all your fault, 3! :cool:

Forgetting about Nolan already? Lubin won't be one year in, he'll be a freshman.

Reaction Score
Forgetting about Nolan already? Lubin won't be one year in, he'll be a freshman.

I don't think he said Lubin would be one year in, just that Facey and Brimah would both be one year in.

Reaction Score
Benching 285 isn't impressive for a guy who is 6'8 and weighs 255. It concerns me that this is the second time his coach has bragged about that. He isn't close to being anywhere near Faried in thickness. But, the rest of the report sounds great.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Benching 285 isn't impressive for a guy who is 6'8 and weighs 255. It concerns me that this is the second time his coach has bragged about that. He isn't close to being anywhere near Faried in thickness. But, the rest of the report sounds great.

I don't know, man. It's considerably harder to bench that type of weight when you've got that type of wingspan, plus he's only 17. I think that's pretty impressive.

Reaction Score

I suppose if you're desperate for something to be concerned about. But whoever mentioned the length of his arms is dead on. A lot of the dudes in the NBA who look like they're carved out of marble probably don't bench a whole hell of a lot.

When Faried got to Morehead State, by comparison, he couldn't bench 200. Even today he maxes out at around 325, which, if Lubin can't do already, he should be doing no problem by the time he's a freshman.

Reaction Score
Repping 285 at 17 years old for a basketball player who is pretty new to weight lifting is impressive. Check out how many reps at 185 guys were doing at recent NBA combines, it's embarrassing. Why are you concerned about this?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I don't know, man. It's considerably harder to bench that type of weight when you've got that type of wingspan, plus he's only 17. I think that's pretty impressive.

He's also coming off of back problems. I'd say it's damn good.

Reaction Score
When Faried got to Morehead State, by comparison, he couldn't bench 200. Even today he maxes out at around 325, which, if Lubin can't do already, he should be doing no problem by the time he's a freshman.

Wow. That's not much. Didn't know that about Faried but I believe you. I go to the gym regularly and just can't imagine any of the big guys maxing anything less than 300 on bench. But, maybe you guys are onto something about wingspan.

Reaction Score
How much did you think Faried could bench? These guys aren't bodybuilders, they are athletes with long arms that need to stay supremely flexible and well conditioned, they aren't going to be all bulky and putting up 400 lbs. Repping 285 is impressive for a 17 year old bball player, trust me.

Reaction Score

How big do you think Faried is? When Faried weighed in at the predraft camp in 2011 he weighed 225lbs. He's been in the league a couple years now so I'm sure he's added weight to his frame but I doubt he weighs anything more than 240-245.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kenneth-Faried-5325/

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Wow. That's not much. Didn't know that about Faried but I believe you. I go to the gym regularly and just can't imagine any of the big guys maxing anything less than 300 on bench. But, maybe you guys are onto something about wingspan.

Just think about it. The bar has a much longer way to go to your chest. That's why you see short dudes with T-rex arms putting up max weight at the gym.

Reaction Score
My dad benched 400 at 5'11.. He was a beast came 2nd in state championship for wrestling...for comparison im also 5'11 and easily bench 125

Reaction Score
That's an impressive weight for someone so young especially with extremely long arms. If he benches 285 x5 that is a predicted max of 325 lbs. Who other than Fishy was pushing that kind of weight in high school?

Reaction Score
That's an impressive weight for someone so young especially with extremely long arms. If he benches 285 x5 that is a predicted max of 325 lbs. Who other than Fishy was pushing that kind of weight in high school?
I think S. Tampa Bill was putting up that weight straight out of the womb.

Reaction Score
It's great he has natural strength because strength gains through linear weight lifting with barbells and dumbbells don't always translate well to sports even with a well designed lifting program. If he can keep is bodyfat level under control, than he can be a dominant big man in college.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

One of the top five most ignorant posts ever on the Boneyard.

A high school basketball player who can bench 285lbs. is unquestionably in the top 1% of all high school bball players.

It concerns me that you have access to the internets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom