Quote of the Day? | The Boneyard

Quote of the Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That might be the best quote EVER. Seriously super clever and funny and descriptive.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
''They're like piranhas on a roast. When they go in transition, you can't get the bone out of the water fast enough,'' Schaefer said of UConn."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/no-1-uconn-routs-mississippi-state-98-38-173006787--ncaaw.html

Could this be a new mascot? Better, a great T-shirt!

I would guess that if coach Schaefer and his team were not convinced of UConn's superiority before today, they are now. It was interesting to hear the Mississippi State players in today's post-game presser.
They sounded a little different (subdued) than last week as they summarily suggested that UConn was nothing more than just a team with "UCONN" on their jerseys, or that they were "just another team".

One could surmise that it was simply a matter of perception. Robert Morris and Duquesne had observed UConn from a totally different vantage point or perspective.
NOW they understand what the RM and Duquesne coaches and players were talking about in their post-game pressers. A wise man once said "there is no substitute for experience. You won't fully understand my position until you walk a mile in my shoes". :cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I would guess that if coach Schaefer and his team were not convinced of UConn's superiority before today, they are now. It was interesting to hear the Mississippi State players in today's post-game presser.
They sounded a little different (subdued) than last week as they summarily suggested that UConn was nothing more than just a team with "UCONN" on their jerseys, or that they were "just another team".

One could surmise that it was simply a matter of perception. Robert Morris and Duquesne had observed UConn from a totally different vantage point or perspective.
NOW they understand what the RM and Duquesne coaches and players were talking about in their post-game pressers. A wise man once said "there is no substitute for experience. You won't fully understand my position until you walk a mile in my shoes". :cool:

So many end up saying the same thing. The film doesn't cut it in giving an appreciation for what they are going to face. But they are a team on the rise and this could be a great learning experience for them. There is a point of difference that is hard to match: Finding enough players willing to put so much into their game. I know we all know this, but few outside the circle know what it takes to produce the symphony that is UConn WCBB.

Reaction Score
It would have to be Duck because that's what their defense was doing when Tuck & Stewie zipped those bullet passes by them about three inches from their head!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I still like Van Chancellor's stand up routine best.

"Oh, Lord, they can all score," Chancellor said of UConn. "They scare ya warmin' up. . . . [UConn] is the best team in the country, by far. There is no question about that and there is no one in second place."

"Moore, Montgomery and Charles remind me of Taurasi, Bird and Cash," he said. "My analysis here is that these three aren't as good as those three were offensively, but these three are a little better defensively. I'll throw that in there for Taurasi's sake. It will make her so mad. But she's got an answer for everything, don't kid yerself. now. What a wonderful person and a great kid to coach.

Reaction Score
And perhaps big thick juicy "steaks" Monday? :rolleyes:

The best Texas beef is shipped out of state. They only keep their best BB players. (Oh, with one exception.)

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score

Fabulous fan of women's basketball Doug Feinberg (AP) tweeted out "Coach Vic just described UConn on the press like this..." and there was a link to a YouTube Piranha feeding frenzy.

Reaction Score
Fabulous fan of women's basketball Doug Feinberg (AP) tweeted out "Coach Vic just described UConn on the press like this..." and there was a link to a YouTube Piranha feeding frenzy.
Hey that was a COW that just went down there!

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
That video was amazing...and it certainly gives context to the Mississippi Coach's statement regarding UConn's transition game. "Piranhas on a roast"

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I still like Van Chancellor's stand up routine best.

"Oh, Lord, they can all score," Chancellor said of UConn. "They scare ya warmin' up. . . . [UConn] is the best team in the country, by far. There is no question about that and there is no one in second place."

"Moore, Montgomery and Charles remind me of Taurasi, Bird and Cash," he said. "My analysis here is that these three aren't as good as those three were offensively, but these three are a little better defensively. I'll throw that in there for Taurasi's sake. It will make her so mad. But she's got an answer for everything, don't kid yerself. now. What a wonderful person and a great kid to coach.

Here ya go. Anytime we feel the need/desire to sing UConn's praises, we don't have to inject our own superlatives, we can just use his. After all, he's saying the same things we would, and he has far more cachet and credibility in the world of WCBB that we do. Seeing is believing. I recall Willard Duncan Vandiver (March 30, 1854 – May 30, 1932) a member of the United States House of Representatives from the state of Missouri. He is popularly credited with the authorship of the famous expression: "I'm from Missouri, you've got to show me," There are a lot of folks in WCBB from Missouri. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom