Quit crying | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Quit crying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I respect the post but he's not on the hot seat if he losses this game. That's insane considering the job he's done and recruits he has coming.

Reaction Score
Except this is only his second season replacing a legend. He's done a fine job, and I'm excited about the future with some of the commits he's brought us.
I agree with all of that. But he has to win in March. That's my point. And losing to a lower seed first time out will cause a meltdown. Guaranteed.

Let's all stop crying and move on. BTW, pounding sand won't do a darn thing to change it.

Reaction Score
I agree with all of that. But he has to win in March. That's my point. And losing to a lower seed first time out will cause a meltdown. Guaranteed.

Let's all stop crying and move on. BTW, pounding sand won't do a darn thing to change it.

Hell, we lose to anyone and there's an meltdown here.

KO has to win in March, but this is his first time. They would have made it last year, and given the right draw, I could have seen them getting to the round of sixteen. He's done fine. His first two teams are better than 2011-12.

Reaction Score

You obviously don't watch a lot of basketball in March if you think that a 7 seed losing to a 10 seed is such a big deal that it would cause a new coach to be immediately put on the hot seat, despite a successful season overall. You might have a point if it was the 1 seed losing to the 16 seed, but still...

Hint: 10s beat 7s 40% of the time, which is the greatest potential for an upset outside of the 8v9 seed matchup.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You obviously don't watch a lot of basketball in March if you think that a 7 seed losing to a 10 seed is such a big deal that it would cause a new coach to be immediately put on the hot seat,

Bingo, just a troll throwing bombs.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Maybe a bit but....I think the only thing that counts is the tourney. KO needs to get it done. Lose to Saint Joe's and there will be much heat. And not just from me.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/3e01f9dae7943a7479aa1190ab0a8c57/tumblr_mvpev7BPNH1spm7e0o1_500

it's just insane to think if Ollie, in his second year, after what he's done with the team he has, with being banned last year, and after replacing arguably the greatest college coach of all time, loses his first game in the tourney that Ollie "should be on the hot seat"

(ugh how do you post gifs directly!?)
(edit: now the link isn't working when clicked through here, how do i fix that and how do i post gifs directly?)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You obviously don't watch a lot of basketball in March if you think that a 7 seed losing to a 10 seed is such a big deal that it would cause a new coach to be immediately put on the hot seat, despite a successful season overall. You might have a point if it was the 1 seed losing to the 16 seed, but still...

Hint: 10s beat 7s 40% of the time, which is the greatest potential for an upset outside of the 8v9 seed matchup.

Hint: he's giving us ample warning that he's going to have a meltdown and be completely insufferable if we lose in the first round (or the second, most likely).

Anyone openly sharpening the guillotine for KO before the bracket ink is even dry shouldn't be taken seriously. At all.

Reaction Score
Maybe a bit but....I think the only thing that counts is the tourney. KO needs to get it done. Lose to Saint Joe's and there will be much heat. And not just from me.
And you and your army of mouth breathers will be laughed at by people who have an IQ over 80.

Reaction Score
And why does everyone think St Joe's is so tough. If they beat us Olllie should be on the hot seat.

20 wins in season 1, 26 in season 2 with the preseason #18 team. Let's fire everyone!

How does one lose their right to start a thread? If there isn't process there should be and you, {ahem}, sir should be first in line.

Reaction Score
Being a 5 in the East is murderer's row. We got gold covered in here, we just gotta polish it and make it ours.
Avoiding Michigan State until the Regional Final @ MSG was a true gift. Memphis will beat Virginia.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Avoiding Michigan State until the Regional Final @ MSG was a true gift. Memphis will beat Virginia.
We literally found a diamond in the rough here. All we need is a little luck, a can-do attitude, and some elbow grease and we'll be riding our beautiful jumbo-jets all the way to North Texas.

Reaction Score

You're lying to yourself if you don't think that KO losing his first game to a lower seed won't be a big deal especially with Calhoun record in the first round.

Reaction Score
You're lying to yourself if you don't think that KO losing his first game to a lower seed won't be a big deal especially with Calhoun record in the first round.

Won't be to me……..have you watched these guys? Things have to fall in place in any match up…..way too many inconsistencies and weaknesses for high expectations but I expect them to compete and that's all we can ask. they can win a couple no doubt but having watched them they can bow out fast too if they don't have fun and play their respective a**es off…...

Reaction Score

KO is 46-18 as a head coach. Thats a .719 winning percentage. There will be no hot seat for KO. We are very fortunate to have him long term.

Reaction Score
Who cares about the seed? I like our draw quite a bit. There's no game until (potentially) the final 4 that makes me say "Oh NO!!"

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm not crying. I think UConn should be a 5 seed, but I'm not upset about a 7.

I am concerned about the overall treatment of the AAC. Clearly the committee doesn't think highly of the AAC and with Louisville leaving things may get worse next year.

Yep. Next year we might very well be So. Miss or Louisiana Tech.

Reaction Score

Will you stop it with this nonsense?

I agree with you about the crying but please stop it with the KO hot seat garbage.

At least we are not in the South. Florida, Kansas, Cuse, UCLA. That is murder.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

What does Calhoun's record have to do with Ollie's. You could not have picked to more mutually exclusive things to compare.

It's not like Calhoun was infallible in the first round. His teams have lost 5 times in the NCAA ('84-'86, '08, and '12) and even lost in the first round of the NIT while he was with UConn ('93). If my math is right, Calhoun is officially 23-5 in the first round of non-conference post season Tournaments. I don't think the prospect of Ollie going 0-1 as a 7 seed in his first, is any referendum on the performance of his teams, which have gone 45-17 in 2 regular seasons and 2-1 (all vs. nationally ranked teams ahead of his own) in 1 conference tournament.

It's a baiting statement not unlike what you do on other Non-Athletic forums on this Board. Just stop. There are other things to b1tch about.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Palatine,

It is incredible that you would act magnanimous on the basketball board when you are incessantly crying on the Cesspool board.

Most posters here are not complaining about Uconn's path. This is the greatest tournament because winning takes care of everything. But the biased treatment by the selection committee will require a proactive approach in the future. We could easily be SMU next year and not get a chance to prove it on the court.

It's not crying to say that RPI's don't jibe with the eye test or that the conference that had the committee chair fared better than others.

Reaction Score
Imagine how Wichita State feels. They have to go through L'ville in round three. Nice #1 seed they go there.

And why does everyone think St Joe's is so tough. If they beat us Olllie should be on the hot seat.
Moron

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Time for KO to prove this is the reason we hired him. The season starts with practice tomorrow. Everything to this point means nothing. Only tomorrow counts. Have a good cry if it will make you feel better. But it doesn't matter, you have to beat good teams to advance. This is much better than last year.

What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=RDV8lT1o0sDwI&v=V8lT1o0sDwI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc