Question...since UConn will be the overall # 1 seed.... | The Boneyard

Question...since UConn will be the overall # 1 seed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyPup

Dislikes Notur-Daim
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how the tourney is typically set up but does the # 1 overall seed have the worst of the tourney seeds 2 -16 in it's bracket? If so, this would theoretically create the easiest path to the final four. Is that typically how the NCAA brackets are constructed?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how the tourney is typically set up but does the # 1 overall seed have the worst of the tourney seeds 2 -16 in it's bracket? If so, this would theoretically create the easiest path to the final four. Is that typically how the NCAA brackets are constructed?
Not necessarily the Women's. As they have said they will use a geographical S curve at times in place of a regular S curve.

HuskyPup

Dislikes Notur-Daim
Reaction Score
I was curious because Creme has Baylor and Maryland in it's bracket and they are not the worst 2 and 4 seeds IMO.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I was curious because Creme has Baylor and Maryland in it's bracket and they are not the worst 2 and 4 seeds IMO.
Also what Creme does/thinks and what the committee actually does/thinks aren't the same either.
Plus, even if they did go S curve 1-16, it probably wouldn't match what you or I think anyway.

Reaction Score
In a pure S-curve, it wouldn't be all the worst seeds at all. In theory, your 2-seed would be the #8 team, but your 3-seed would be the best at that level, the #9 team. And so on. But even in the men's tourney you won't get a pure S-curve, and there's many more considerations in the women's tourney.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

there are also rules regarding the distribution of "conference foes", which affect placement in regionals. When you have a conference that has multiple teams that make the tourney - think the old "Big East", or current ACC or SEC - the committee has guidelines they follow to spread these teams out, so's they're not all in the same region, or slated to meet too early. This complicates a straight "S" curve as well.

Reaction Score
UCONN will go west as a #! and Stanford will be a # 2.........

HuskyPup

Dislikes Notur-Daim
Reaction Score
UCONN will go west as a #! and Stanford will be a # 2....

Just wondering why you think our Huskies would go to Cali instead of Lincoln????? Won't they keep in mind geography?

Reaction Score
UCONN will go west as a #! and Stanford will be a # 2....

Not sure if you're being serious, but there is absolutely no chance that will happen. None.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

If you listen to the Creme broadcast (linked somewhere here) he spent some time talking about why Maryland is a 4 seed, and why it is in the Lincoln region. Short answer - it cannot go anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom