question on the crowd for Louisville game... | The Boneyard

question on the crowd for Louisville game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
was the crowd that bad at the game?
early on, it seemed almost empty. as the game went on, the seats seemed to fill up.

reading some comments, you'd think the attendance was 5K...

Reaction Score
early on, it seemed almost empty. as the game went on, the seats seemed to fill up.

I was in 213. It looked darn full to me other than upper corners. My section didn't have an empty seat in it. We also were not allowed to stand up as some grumpy old man was yelling at us every time we stood to chear a big play.

Reaction Score

The crowd had to be 14,000+. I don't have any idea what you were seeing early in the game as most of the side line seats up to the rafters were full. Upper end zone seats were the empty ones.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
We got to the XL @ about 6:45 and the lines were around the block at all entrances. It was excruciatingly slow entering the game as they only had a few doors open at each location. Just a terribly run arena ... people were pumped up to get into the game only to be bottlenecked at the entrance.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
It was mostly packed until about 5 minutes to go in the second half. That's when a group of 6 people got up in front of me and said, "These guys suck. Let's watch a real team play real basketball tomorrow night." At that point I shook my head and said to myself, why are you even here you fair-weather piece of fan. Souleymane Wane, who was sitting a couple rows in front of me, agreed with me.

Reaction Score
I was in 214 and my section was mostly full. Especially after the first 5 minutes. I thought the energy was quite good in the beginning until things started to unravel. People bailed a little early for my liking, but you can't blame them when your team is down by 16.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Uconn, Louisville.JPG

Reaction Score
Can't understand what the beef was. Announced attendance was 14,287. Pretty awesome crowd for the XL considering. And they were energized up until the game got away from UConn.

Reaction Score
I was there. Good crowd. No issues wth it.

Reaction Score
crowd was great i though, especially in the first half. We all stood at on two separate occasions in the first half which is rare.

Reaction Score
The crowd had to be 14,000+. I don't have any idea what you were seeing early in the game as most of the side line seats up to the rafters were full. Upper end zone seats were the empty ones.
I agree. I cant see how there could have been more than 1,000 empty seats. I was in the lower section behind the basket next to the UConn bench so i couldnt see the upper section behind me. But from my view it looked really close to a sell out and the place was loud in the first half.

Reaction Score
Crowd was really good I thought (those of us who were there, still couldn't believe there 2000 empty seats). Got incredibly loud at a few points in the first half, particularly DD's monster dunk and some of the early 3s. Another high point in crowd energy was Omar hitting 3 free throws when LVille started pulling away but that was really the last time it got loud.

Reaction Score
I wonder what ESPN is doing to the sound; on TV it was dead quiet. Then you watch an older game on SNY and there's a ton of cheering.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
First half crowd was as loud as I've heard it there in a very, very long time.

Reaction Score
Yep...the Ann St/Church St. corner entrance was a mess just before gametime. Just 2 pairs of doors open. Crazy when you consider they had more doors open for some of the lousy Nov and Dec games. Bad bad planning.

The crowd was awesome. First half noise was so loud I got that crackling sound in my ears.

Pres. Herbst was across the isle from us again.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

great crowd, late arriving because the civic center wasn't prepared to handle large crowd. I was in line about 6:45 and sat in my seat with 16 minutes remaining in the 1st half

pathetic

U

UConn9604

We got to the XL @ about 6:45 and the lines were around the block at all entrances. It was excruciatingly slow entering the game as they only had a few doors open at each location. Just a terribly run arena ... people were pumped up to get into the game only to be bottlenecked at the entrance.

Really? My seats are in 216, and I arrived around 6:40 on the Church Street side (near the Hilton) and didn't have a wait. That's usually a pretty good spot to enter in from.

The main entrance in the lobby (the Trumbull Street side) is miserably slow.

Reaction Score
Watching on TV at the start I thought BB fans had caught the Rent Flu. That's where you don't get to your seat until about 10 minutes into the game.

Seriously, I was really surprised at the number of empty seats that were visible along the side and behind the basket opposite the student section. That area looked about 30% empty until the 6-7 minute mark. Glad to hear it was incompetence on the part of XL Center and not a fan problem. To a viewer who watched both games last night it was a poor contrast to Allen Field House which looked packed for the starting line up announcements. Would also agree that XL sounded real quiet except for a couple of minutes during the first half run.

Reaction Score
Seems like most of the crowd complaints were from people who weren't there. Crowd was really into it in the first half, unfortunately not much to cheer about in the second.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah, must have been a technical issue, because it sure didn't sound loud on TV. But I trust everyone's opinion.

Reaction Score
Seems like most of the crowd complaints were from people who weren't there. Crowd was really into it in the first half, unfortunately not much to cheer about in the second.

Hard to get there from here. Especially when your kids have the keys to the jet!

Reaction Score
at tipoff lots of empty seats around the court. factor in the ct lag, most people show up in the first 5-10 minutes...

looked full by midway. just dont know why comments suggesting otherwise

Reaction Score
i think the opening tv shot by ESPN must have been taped during initial 6:15ish warmups because practically nobody was in the stands - thanks ESPN for your usual UConn .

I agree with Marty that at tip off some empty seats lower courtside but 5 minutes into the game it was full. Sound did not transfer though. I was very proud of the team, KO, and the Fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom