Question for Yankee fans | The Boneyard

Question for Yankee fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How does it feel now that everything you have bragged about as a Yankee fan is now BS? Your team through ARod under the bus worse than any team has thrown anyone under the bus since Joe Torre. Yank fans killed Sox fans when Manny was sent packing and he was insubordinate. ARod wasn't insubordinate. Worse, the Yankees quit as a team and as an organization in the playoffs. Good thing the Sox didn't do that in 2004.

Reaction Score
What suprises me about a Yankees Universe fanbase that likes to tell everyone how they and their team do everything the right way....

Well if so, where were all the fans come playoff time? Empty seats galore, especially in the ALCS and the fans who did show booed their team so loudly that the Yankees players admitted to being "spooked" by the angry reaction of Yankees fans.

You can't tell everyone that despite having a 210 million payrool, that your team overachieved because of their injuries and then boo that same team out of their home ballpark when they've at least made it to the ALCS.

I'm not saying every single Yankees fan is spoiled, but the majority of them certainly are and you could see it by their ridiculous reactions. It will be interesting to see how Yankees Universe reacts once their team actually starts moving their roster around to be under the 189 million mark for the first time in many years.

Reaction Score
How does it feel now that everything you have bragged about as a Yankee fan is now BS? Your team through ARod under the bus worse than any team has thrown anyone under the bus since Joe Torre. Yank fans killed Sox fans when Manny was sent packing and he was insubordinate. ARod wasn't insubordinate. Worse, the Yankees quit as a team and as an organization in the playoffs. Good thing the Sox didn't do that in 2004.

Bad news for you is you have to go back to 2004 and 2007.....how were the last 3 years for you guys? And buses, Fung Wah is stationed in Fenway the last 3 years while no one was watching baseball!! You guys are really unbelievable. At least you have the Yankees to talk about it huh?

Reaction Score
What suprises me about a Yankees Universe fanbase that likes to tell everyone how they and their team do everything the right way....

Well if so, where were all the fans come playoff time? Empty seats galore, especially in the ALCS and the fans who did show booed their team so loudly that the Yankees players admitted to being "spooked" by the angry reaction of Yankees fans.

You can't tell everyone that despite having a 210 million payrool, that your team overachieved because of their injuries and then boo that same team out of their home ballpark when they've at least made it to the ALCS.

I'm not saying every single Yankees fan is spoiled, but the majority of them certainly are and you could see it by their ridiculous reactions. It will be interesting to see how Yankees Universe reacts once their team actually starts moving their roster around to be under the 189 million mark for the first time in many years.

Can you explain the "ridiculous reactions" you are hearing.....is it what you saw and heard or real? Or are there Yankee fans who have admitted this wasn't a real good team even after last year and there needs to be changes? Do you know anything or do you make it up in that pea brain? Seriously I'm glad the Yanks hitting was there to entertain you during these playoffs because as as they hit in the payoffs, they hit better than the Sox did the last 3 years despite all the money they spent to........need to know where you came from before you throw stones aw.......

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You guys are really unbelievable. At least you have the Yankees to talk about it huh?

For today anyway. I never thought giving up on a season just so they could lay the blame on one of their players was the Yankee way. Love the way ARod followed up the Yankee front office leaks sending him to Miami by saying he wouldn't waive his no-trade.

Reaction Score
For today anyway. I never thought giving up on a season just so they could lay the blame on one of their players was the Yankee way. Love the way ARod followed up the Yankee front office leaks sending him to Miami by saying he wouldn't waive his no-trade.

It's funny you believe they are laying it all on the shoulders of ARod.........only Sox fans would give a rats a** about any baseball now.....besides the Tigers, Cards and Gianst no one else cares but at least you, Viking and UConner have the Yanks!! LOL.....pretty funny ....

ARod, Swish, Granderson, Cano you name it, lots of blame to go around but baseball's over.....who cares? Winter meetings are next.........

Reaction Score
Can you explain the "ridiculous reactions" you are hearing.....is it what you saw and heard or real? Or are there Yankee fans who have admitted this wasn't a real good team even after last year and there needs to be changes? Do you know anything or do you make it up in that pea brain? Seriously I'm glad the Yanks ****ty hitting was there to entertain you during these playoffs because as ****ty as they hit in the payoffs, they hit better than the Sox did the last 3 years despite all the money they spent to........need to know where you came from before you throw stones aw.......
The ridiculous reactions that I referred to occurred when half of the Yankees team got booed out of the half-filled stadium during ALCS games. So you have Yankees Universe saying "I can't believe how well we did despite so many injuries" and then the Universe booes that same team right out of their half-filled stadium less than two full games into the ALCS.

Overachieved or underachieved? I think your fanbase is bipolar. But that's probably the kindest thing anyone has said about the Yankee fanbase in decades. Ask Cliff Lee's wife if she still has beer on her hair thanks to Yankees fans.

Reaction Score
You continue to embarrass yourself Erik the Red.........I live in the middle of Red Sox Nation pal and if you honestly think the stereotypical Yankee fan is any different than your Sox fans you're even dumber than I thought........ and let me tell you that's not good!!

Seriously everything I've heard about Josh, Lester, Ellsbury, every SS for years, Crawford on and on and on..........there's more drama in beantown whether you know it or not you idiots are just blind to it..........

Or maybe you're one of those 25 year olds form the New Nation that just heard about Red Sox baseball in 2004........didn't even know what it was until then!!;)

Reaction Score
red sox best team in baseball 2011.jpg

Here, a couple of you are so delusional you will probably still believe this.

Reaction Score
You Red Sox fans must be a miserable lot. Your team and organization quit in July. Now that's embarrassing.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
all I can say is its better then the Sox, fans will boo because its NY its not for everyone. At least when the Yankees had their big spending spree in 09 they pulled through with a world series, while the Sox had their huge spending spree in 2011 they couldnt even make the playoffs. Boston is obsessed with NY, you should be more worried about your own team.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You Red Sox fans must be a miserable lot. Your team and organization quit in July. Now that's embarrassing.

The Sox made moves for the future in July. It's not as bad as quitting in the middle of the ALCS. It just isn't. What if the Sox quit in 2004 like the Yanks did this year?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
"The Red Sox made moves for the future" translates as "we're still grasping at straws".

Pretending that the Red Sox' season was somehow better than what happened to the Yankees last week is delusional. You just had the worst season since people started throwing baseballs at a bat.

Yippee for you on shuffling those deck chairs.

Reaction Score
I refuse to waist my fingers to attempt to word any better than the Fishman.......you're kidding me right Waqy????:eek:

Reaction Score
The Sox made moves for the future in July. It's not as bad as quitting in the middle of the ALCS. It just isn't. What if the Sox quit in 2004 like the Yanks did this year?
Wow. Yanks win 95 games, win a post season series and advance to ALCS versus Sox winning 69 games and "quitting" in July. And Sox season is "better"? Uuuuummmmmmmmmmm OK son.

Reaction Score
Wow. Yanks win 95 games, win a post season series and advance to ALCS versus Sox winning 69 games and "quitting" in July. And Sox season is "better"? Uuuuummmmmmmmmmm OK son.
I am a Sox fan I can't say that I disagree. The Red Sox threw in the towel in July and stopped playing. Cherington did nothing for the future other than unload some talent to reduce the payroll. I'll give him this, he did hire a new manager and he did it quickly this time but that is it. It remains to be seen if he can put together a competitive roster.
The Yankees did collapse in the post season and I did not see that happening. Can you imagine what George Steinbrenner would have done? However, they are still a solid team and I am sure that Cashman will be busy trying to make them younger. I don't know what Ben will do. He has more holes than a sieve and very little immediate help from farm.

Reaction Score
The Red Sox season was a total disaster and the team is weaker after the big dump. Next season isn't looking too rosey either.
The Yankees had a good season. They won the AL East. They went into a team wide batting slump in the playoffs; unfortunate for them but it happens. It isn't a reason to panic.Hate to admit it but their pitching was pretty damn good through the season and the playoffs. As long as you have pitching your team is a contender and they will be next year. Their problem is going to be age. It already showed this season with Rivera and it is a crap shoot whether he will be effective when he returns. Jeter will be coming off surgery and that won't be adding any range. Arod said that he is coming back and it will be his choice, not Cashman's. I'm wondering how they really feel about the Granderson/Jackson trade. Arguements could be made both ways on that one. As 60's said, they need to get younger.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
"HAHAHA YOU GUYS LOST IN THE ALCS!!!" - Fans of team that finished 26 GAMES out of first

Reaction Score
As a Yankee fan of MANY years, I too was surprised and disappointed about the attendance for the Playoffs. I went to Game 4 against Baltimore on a very cold NY night (and stayed for all 13 innings) but I thought you could easily fit another 5000- 7500 fans in there. Now that was the night of the VP debate, a school night, a cold night, but if I'm a Steinbrenner, that's something I notice. 10 million people living in the NY Metropolitan area and you can't sell out for the playoffs? There's something really wrong here but I don't know what it is. I did think a passing thought, sometime in the 12 inning, that it wouldn't surprise me if the Steinbrenners sold the team.

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
"HAHAHA YOU GUYS LOST IN THE ALCS!!!" - Fans of team that finished 26 GAMES out of first

► I am a real New Yorker who lived at 189 East 3rd Street in the city. My relatives were all rabid baseball fans. They rooted for the Yankees in the A.L. and The New York Giants in the N.L. We could see Brooklyn across the East River, but considered it a foreign country.

► Let me assure you that there was never a rivalry between the Sox and the Yanks. Never. They would go to the Stadium to see Ted Williams play, (who they admired) but attendance was dismal.

► When I learned how to read I checked the Daily News every day and saw the Bombers in 1st place and the Sox in last - - for years. I got tickets to see the Red Sox in a box of HO Oats. In a box of oatmeal! (the stadium was empty)

►The "rivalry" is a one sided affair.

yankee-otb.jpg

Reaction Score
► I am a real New Yorker who lived at 189 East 3rd Street in the city. My relatives were all rabid baseball fans. They rooted for the Yankees in the A.L. and The New York Giants in the N.L. We could see Brooklyn across the East River, but considered it a foreign country.

► Let me assure you that there was never a rivalry between the Sox and the Yanks. Never. They would go to the Stadium to see Ted Williams play, (who they admired) but attendance was dismal.

► When I learned how to read I checked the Daily News every day and saw the Bombers in 1st place and the Sox in last - - for years. I got tickets to see the Red Sox in a box of HO Oats. In a box of oatmeal! (the stadium was empty)

►The "rivalry" is a one sided affair.

yankee-otb.jpg
HO Oats? You are an old fart.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
"The Red Sox made moves for the future" translates as "we're still grasping at straws".

Pretending that the Red Sox' season was somehow better than what happened to the Yankees last week is delusional. You just had the worst season since people started throwing baseballs at a bat.

Yippee for you on shuffling those deck chairs.

This is a bit out of context. Of course the Sox meltdown was much worse than a team that made the playoffs. But as long as you are in the playoffs, you have a chance the win the whole thing. But the Yanks decided to chuck in the towel. That's Yankee baseball? You guys are good with that?

Reaction Score
This is a bit out of context. Of course the Sox meltdown was much worse than a team that made the playoffs. But as long as you are in the playoffs, you have a chance the win the whole thing. But the Yanks decided to chuck in the towel. That's Yankee baseball? You guys are good with that?

At what point did they "chuck in the towel"?? You assume they did because they couldn't hit their way out of a wet paper bag?? I guess it may have seemed that way considering how dreadful they were offensively and if they looked sluggish in the last game there was reason as they had to feel defenseless at that point............they were awful, did they quit? Who knows, except you and the Sox fans who were watching I guess, basically because your team, coach and management quite after the all star break!!

Hmmmmmm? What's wrong with this thread?;)

Reaction Score
I don't know if the Yankees quit in the playoffs, only they do. Since they did beat the Orioles in a spirited series, it is hard to believe that they quit the following week. The Yankees have been in the playoffs virtually every year. Perhaps that contributes to the perceived lack of excitement in their demeanor. They also may have been intimidated by the Tigers. They had the best pitcher and hitter in all of baseball. The Yankees usually have that. Also maybe they need some players who are not quite as "professional" as the Yankee players have become. Someone like Paul O'Neill or Johnny Damon could make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom