Question everything here | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Question everything here

Reaction Score
Tough to get guys in the portal when the stigma of the program is that of a dumpster fire. Who would want to play here?

I follow JMU football somewhat due to the fact I know a few people who went there. When I saw this game on the schedule I immediately knew it was a loss. They are a legit program with some legit players.

So why can JMU do it and not us? I’m not entirely sure of the answer. We have been a FBS program longer, have sustained success in other sports, likely have just as good, if not better facilities. They are clearly trending upward. We seem to be getting worse.

Is it coaching? I like Mora and I think he’s a great leader but is he an X’s and O’s guy? People tend to forget his tenure in the NFL was relatively short and not that successful - he was fired twice and had losing records with the exception of one year. At UCLA he started off hot but eventually he had three straight losing seasons. The OC/DC issue here has not helped. That’s on Mora.

As far as recruiting goes - I get CT and New England are not hotbeds for HS football but this has always been the case. We were able to get talent in the old Big East days - perhaps it was easier to recruit in a conference or maybe we had a better eye for talent or better coaching staff to develop players.

A lot of questions need to be answered. I am not entirely sure what the next steps are but clearly something is not working. The program needs fixing.
This is really the crux of it. There’s no reason to be this bad yet we are year after year. personally I think we’re absolutely screwed as long as we’re independent. Nothing to play for so why come here?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Jelani Stafford. Raashaan Wilkins also looks like he’s coming into his own.
Thx. Didn't realize our star RB was a portal product.

Reaction Score
What exactly is the plan here for UConn Football? If you are Jim Mora and Dave Benedict what do you start the conversation with?

I know James Madison is good, and based on results this year I was expecting a blowout. However, It's not like JMU is like Tennessee with high 4 stars and 5 stars everywhere.
Look, the season crashed in on their heads for a lot of reasons. The plan is to make the best of it and move on.

Reaction Score
Mora was brought in to bring in some talent and change the culture. He's done neither. Now, he seems bitter he's not part of a conference and doesn't have the resources other schools do. This isn't the right leadership folks.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This team is bad. Really bad. Like losing to UMass and not scoring 17 against SHU bad.
WTF are you talking about? Neither game has been played but you have it already as a loss in both cases.

Reaction Score
Easily done in the off season, give Charlton his walking papers and hire back Todd Orlando as DC. Both the new DC and OC need to be good recruiters too. We really missed the boat when we didn’t hire Lashlee.
I agree 100% that Charlton has to go, but the number of folks here who pine for Todd Orlando, Rhett Lashlee and TJ Weist truly amazes me.

Reaction Score
I agree 100% that Charlton has to go, but the number of folks here who pine for Todd Orlando, Rhett Lashlee and TJ Weist truly amazes me.
What truly amazes me is you make critical statements without suggesting any alternatives.

Reaction Score
We chose to sacrifice football to sustain basketball success. Was that a good decision? IDK. I still think football can succeed, but the odds aren’t good. Last year looks like a sweet aberration.
This is so stupid and it's constantly repeated on this board.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
WTF are you talking about? Neither game has been played but you have it already as a loss in both cases.
No. A loss in the finale. 17 points against SHU. 17-14 win.

Reaction Score
UConn/State of CT have to decide if they want to participate in D1 football. If they do, they must commit and provide the funds necessary to compete.
Otherwise, stop wasting our time.
7 out of our 12 opponents this year spend way less money on Football than us by a significant amount.

JMU has a budget that is half the size of ours, they do not offer the full 85 scholarships yet, they pay their head coach and assistants a third of what we pay ours. Funding is not the issue for being a competitive team.

If you want to compete with the P4, yes, it needs to be funded better, but if you want to compete in FBS football and be at least decent, the state already funds it plenty to be better than decent.

Reaction Score
7 out of our 12 opponents this year spend way less money on Football than us by a significant amount.

JMU has a budget that is half the size of ours, they do not offer the full 85 scholarships yet, they pay their head coach and assistants a third of what we pay ours. Funding is not the issue for being a competitive team.

If you want to compete with the P4, yes, it needs to be funded better, but if you want to compete in FBS football and be at least decent, the state already funds it plenty to be better than decent.
Thank you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom