Question about SEC+ | The Boneyard

Question about SEC+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm a Comcast customer and like most here like to watch WBB games not televised on ESPN3. Last night I tried to watch the SC/USC game which ESPN3 indicated was being streamed by SEC+ but could not. I have the SEC channel in my package and assumed I would be able to watch SEC+. When I tried to view it I was asked to select my TV provider and log in, upon doing so (multiple times) I always got an error message "Authentication Error". I read all I could about the SEC+ network and on what platforms you need to be to get it and from all I read I think I should be able to get it. The only thing I suspect is that I'm using Windows 7 on my PC and may have to have Windows 8. Here's the other strange part, I have an Android tablet (Nexus 10) so I then down loaded the Watch ESPN app and tried that, bingo! I had the game, then about twenty seconds later the picture froze with that little reloading thingy spinning in the middle of my screen, then the screen turned green and stayed that way. I re-started it several times with same result, finally gave up. Can anyone shed some light on what I'm doing wrong? Or what I need to do?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Reinstall the app! WatchESPN isn't browser friendly in my opinion, but as an app it's wonderful

Reaction Score
I have comcast Xfinity also. I had to log in using my email address @comcast.net and
the password that was provided. then I got in. It works with window 7.

Reaction Score
I have comcast Xfinity also. I had to log in using my email address @comcast.net and
Thanks for verifying the fact that it does work with Windows 7, so, it must be my password. One question though, you said with the "password that was provided", provided by who? I created my login and password with comcast years ago, that is the one I'm trying to use. Just wonder if I need to create another one.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Thanks for verifying the fact that it does work with Windows 7, so, it must be my password. One question though, you said with the "password that was provided", provided by who? I created my login and password with comcast years ago, that is the one I'm trying to use. Just wonder if I need to create another one.
do a "I forgot my password" reset so you can have an up-to-date/new password

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I could watch the game just fine on Friday with my Macbook and no fees or anything to pay. But I'm about to purchase a Comcast package so I can view SNY. I hope if I do I won't get knocked out of ESPN3!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I could watch the game just fine on Friday with my Macbook and no fees or anything to pay. But I'm about to purchase a Comcast package so I can view SNY. I hope if I do I won't get knocked out of ESPN3!
why would you get knocked off?
I have Comcast TV and Internet... along with the WatchESPN app on my tablet. all is well

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
I moved to Nashville a year ago and have Comcast Infinity with real high speed internet. I also bought a Roku and hooked it up to my router and my 55" Samsung Smart LCD TV and loaded the free ESPN channel. Then I had to get everything syncd with my Comcast id and password (not what I thought they were!) and then... BINGO! I get all the ESPN channels, ESPN3, ESPNU, SECN, and SECN+ channels and events. UConn games, and every SEC WBB, soccer, volleyball, MBB, baseball... you name it. And I can watch them live or or on demand. And the quality is awesome. Plenty of other free Roku channels like PBS, are great for on-demand viewing, too. I added Amazon Prime which gives me music, movies, TV shows - new and old - and all the HBO series, all on demand. Life is good!

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score

Same here... no problems after the log in. Also using Win 7.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Even if you get the SECN, not every cable provider includes SECN+. I have TWC and the cheapskates don't pay for it.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
I also have comcast xfinity. Although I'm not crazy about their cable package, the wifi and Internet are extremely fast. I use Apple TV to connect with my wifi and I then hook up my tv to my Apple TV via the hdmi input. I would def recommend Apple TV if you want to watch sec+ games, or any online games for that matter, on your tv. Just to add..the Apple TV thing comes pre installed with the watchespn app..

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

It's the same account you would use to access your comcast account online (if you pay your bill online).

It could be your internet browser that is giving you problems. I use Chrome which is generally fine with WatchESPN but doesn't work for me with, for example, NBC Sports LiveExtra. If you have that problem again, I would switch browsers and see if it helps. Usually Firefox works well for me if Chrome is giving me trouble.

Reaction Score
I moved to Nashville a year ago and have Comcast Infinity with real high speed internet. I also bought a Roku and hooked it up to my router and my 55" Samsung Smart LCD TV and loaded the free ESPN channel. Then I had to get everything syncd with my Comcast id and password (not what I thought they were!) and then... BINGO! I get all the ESPN channels, ESPN3, ESPNU, SECN, and SECN+ channels and events. UConn games, and every SEC WBB, soccer, volleyball, MBB, baseball... you name it. And I can watch them live or or on demand. And the quality is awesome. Plenty of other free Roku channels like PBS, are great for on-demand viewing, too. I added Amazon Prime which gives me music, movies, TV shows - new and old - and all the HBO series, all on demand. Life is good!

I must thank you ocoandasoc. After your glowing review of ROKU, I went to Wal-Mart tonight and bought one. I am happily watching women's basketball in high def. on my TV. It's like Frosted Flakes - it's GREAT. Thanks for the review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom