Quantifying our Three latest Victory's

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Last Week: vs Stanford W76-57, @ Maryland W72-55, @ Penn State W71-52 From AP

Remarkably consistent numbers in the three games last week
Our output went down slightly game to game (fatigue?)

But so did our opponent's…we, a total of 5 points from 76 to 71.
The same 5 points less for them 57 to 52.

i'm sure statisticians could create a formula based on rankings to further quantify the similarity (or disparity) of these results.

Probably means absolutely nothing except that good teams aren't scoring a whole lot on us.

The Oregon game should skewer this "analysis" :)

But better than arguing over Vowelguy's methods.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I would look to a decline in either free throw % or the ratio of assists to turnovers as indicators of fatigue. And it's too late at night for an old geezer like me to dig up some stats to either validate my theory or provide grist for the mill.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think it is also better to compare the last two as they were played with 7 man rosters and the Stanford game was played with a 9 man roster for one half and 8 for the second. The whole defense strategy changed between the Stanford and Maryland game with an eye to reducing fouls. So ... MD to PSU is a drop of 1 point in Uconn scoring and a drop of three for the opponent - possibly a reflection of their relative rankings and possibly of Uconn adjusting better to the new reality. As far as Uconn, a one point difference is statistically irrelevant I think. The greater Stanford point total could be attributed to them having two go-to players vs MD and PSU really only having one each?
Still quite a coincidence that the three games align as they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom