Q is ready for the next steps as a Husky | The Boneyard

Q is ready for the next steps as a Husky

Reaction Score
She made a lot of progress in only one season. She started the season only chucking up 3 pt shots as soon as she came in the game....

By the end she was clearly thinking through what was a good shot, rebounding, and giving UConn effort on defense even if she still has a ways to go in execution.

Another jump by her next season could make her the go to spark off the bench that changes the game and helps win championships.

Reaction Score
For next year, I would like her to drive to the basket more. She looked like Aubrey on a handful of plays this season, slashing to the hoop. She has that type of quickness and athleticism. It would keep defenders from closing in on the threes, they would have to respect both parts of her game.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if Audrey takes on the role of mentor since they have similar builds and a similar rebounding style. Q obviously is a much better long-distance shooter (or at least a more eager one), but imagine Audrey if she had more range. :cool:

Reaction Score
I have a good feeling about Q and all the freshmen. They all came to UConn to be coached. Q is crazy athletic and long, she’s picked up a lot of the switching defense, and with a bit more she could become a stopper.
Plus she has some very advanced offensive moves including a strong and high pull up jumper. I think she just needs the confidence to take it and the judgment to know when.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Q is an intriguing player for a lot of reasons. Think of “Aubrey Griffin with a jump shot.” Obviously she needs to pack on some muscle in the off-season. But assuming she gets that done, Q becomes a really difficult matchup for opponents either at the 3 or 4 position.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if Audrey takes on the role of mentor since they have similar builds and a similar rebounding style. Q obviously is a much better long-distance shooter (or at least a more eager one), but imagine Audrey if she had more range. :cool:
Why do you refuse to spell Aubrey’s name correctly?

5747EAD6-3387-4493-B3F4-DC1CDF03362D.jpeg

Reaction Score
I have to admit, I saw the thread title and thought "oh no, Q is in the portal!". Relieved to find out I was wrong.
You are not the only one. I saw her post on IG I was like "Noooooo!" Given the transfer portal week and announcements. These kids and their timing. Jeez :):D

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I believe Q had a better freshman year than Aubrey. They both started with the 'deer in the headlights' look and with their heads on a swivel to see if they were in the right place. By the time they figured that out the play was over and they got a late start down court. Q got it by the end of the year. I don't think Aubrey did until her sophomore year. High hopes for Q; great expectations for Aubrey.

Reaction Score
I'm glad Q is committed to putting in the work for next year. She has length that none of the other perimeter players have, can shoot the 3, and is a good rebounder. Looking forward to seeing her contribute to the team in the fall.

Reaction Score
I love Q — there i said it — just like I love Aubrey. They bring so much talent to the team. It’s still mainly in the form of potential with Q but her ceiling is very high, maybe higher than Aubrey’s was before her second season.

Folks say Q has the better jump shot, and that’s true enough though Aubrey is already a capable perimeter shooter. She’s just a reluctant one. I’d fine tune this to say Aubrey doesn’t take midrange jump shots (emphasis on jump) often but Q seems to have a knack for these. Not quite as much as Ash.

What this means is Q has more ways to end a drive into the lane. Aubrey is most comfortable finishing at the rim and can get confused if her path is blocked. This has occasionally resulted in those 3 second violations that we all recognize.

Aubrey turned herself into an awesome defensive disruptor, maybe the best on the team, and could wreak havoc at the top of the arc on opposing point guards. And in the press she can be fierce. I’d like to see Q develop into this sort of defender. Aubrey also has some shot blocking talent in the paint as does Q.

I see her as a 6th woman and she could make a name for herself in this role before she’s done.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A great quote/ sentiment from "Q". She is not a sleeper to the Boneyard.... Q will
come out "FIRING" those three points.... Looking forward to a nice Q sophomore leap!!
Q needs to go to the Paige school of weight training in the off-season. She's talented but she needs a little more muscle to help her finish at the room, fight through screens and set screens. She is someone I think it is reasonable to expect would make a big sophomore jump.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I'm strictly a "wait and see" guy, but Q is an intriging prospect. IF the game slows down for her (which really means she learns to make better decisions faster) AND IF she can harness all the "puppy energy" into more organized intentionality... life will be very good indeed in Husky Nation.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Boy oh boy do I hope so! I am more thinking about junior year as when the Great Leap Forward happens, and next season as more incremental growth. But I will not be disappointed if it happens sooner. Go Q!!!!
Don't underestimate the sophomore jump. It definitely is a thing. She's had a season to learn the system, understand her expectations, and heard from Coach about what she needs to work on over the summer. That trifecta leads to big developmental jumps more often than not among talented players. And there is no doubt that Q has considerable talent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom