Pundits picks | The Boneyard

Pundits picks

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
I have been saying all year that Uconn would win and now , more than ever. GO FRESHMEN!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!
DEFENSE is MOST IMPORTANT !!

Reaction Score
The ACC network had a Final Four show on last night. When saw that Muffet McGraw was one of the pundits I changed the channel. So I don’t know which team she selected but I have a good idea which team she did not select.

Reaction Score
UConn will get a lead and put all the pressure on CC to carry her team to the final. That pressure combined with the defense that Nika will play on her will be enough to make it a tough last game for CC. UConn simply has more quality players around Paige than CC has around her and that will be the difference.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The ACC network had a Final Four show on last night. When saw that Muffet McGraw was one of the pundits I changed the channel. So I don’t know which team she selected but I have a good idea which team she did not select.
I’m sure she referred to Paige as “the other girl” once or twice.

Reaction Score
Does anyone buy/think the folks who say things like “no way they let Iowa lose” or things of that matter are real? This year, Clark is the media darling and she brings a lot of eyes to the TV, she could have the rematch with USC if they both win, and that would drive great viewership. Are these things just people say or do some actually believe these things?

Reaction Score
None of the predictions went into the specifics of the matchups very well. Some of them did say that Paige had a better al around game than CC, but underestimated the talent differential with the rest of the team members.

The Iowa team are very good players, but only one was in the top 50 out of high school (barely so), The others were out of the top 100.

Aaliyah is an All-American level player who will have a decided advantage offensively and defensively.
KK and Ashlynn were both McDonald's AA's and are playing like it. They also have an advantage offensively. and defensively. Either or both could have big night offensively. Ice, also a McDonald's AA, is playing well. Iowa has no one resembling Nika. Q could also present problems for Iowa.

This is the only game in the tournament in which UConn has the advantage in the post and match well with the bench. Iowa plays mostly with the starting five.

CC will have a great game but will be somewhat below her averages in scoring and assists.

CC cannot be the only scorer. UConn will make certain that the rest of the Iowa team does not get uncontested 3's or will be open for CC to pass to.

Ashlynn said in a recent interview that UConn will not all concentrate on CC but will focus on the person that they are guarding.

I love CC, but after today, I am not certain that everyone will still think that she is clearly the best player in women's college basketball.

I feel that I am impersonating TonyC, but this could be a UConn romp. And, if the game is tight at the end- I would give the edge to UConn to win because. UConn has more offensive weapons.

Reaction Score
None of the predictions went into the specifics of the matchups very well. Some of them did say that Paige had a better al around game than CC, but underestimated the talent differential with the rest of the team members.

The Iowa team are very good players, but only one was in the top 50 out of high school (barely so), The others were out of the top 100.

Aaliyah is an All-American level player who will have a decided advantage offensively and defensively.
KK and Ashlynn were both McDonald's AA's and are playing like it. They also have an advantage offensively. and defensively. Either or both could have big night offensively. Ice, also a McDonald's AA, is playing well. Iowa has no one resembling Nika. Q could also present problems for Iowa.

This is the only game in the tournament in which UConn has the advantage in the post and match well with the bench. Iowa plays mostly with the starting five.

CC will have a great game but will be somewhat below her averages in scoring and assists.

CC cannot be the only scorer. UConn will make certain that the rest of the Iowa team does not get uncontested 3's or will be open for CC to pass to.

Ashlynn said in a recent interview that UConn will not all concentrate on CC but will focus on the person that they are guarding.

I love CC, but after today, I am not certain that everyone will still think that she is clearly the best player in women's college basketball.

I feel that I am impersonating TonyC, but this could be a UConn romp. And, if the game is tight at the end- I would give the edge to UConn to win because. UConn has more offensive weapons.
Regarding Iowa’s other starters… think Ashlynn. They run all game, and shoot well.

Reaction Score
Not surprised most picked Iowa. They looked real good vLSU. 38% 3pt % is really good and that’s not just CC that’s the whole team. At some point gotta think lack of depth is gonna catch us.

Reaction Score
Does anyone buy/think the folks who say things like “no way they let Iowa lose” or things of that matter are real? This year, Clark is the media darling and she brings a lot of eyes to the TV, she could have the rematch with USC if they both win, and that would drive great viewership. Are these things just people say or do some actually believe these things?
Some people do sadly believe that. If you read Twitter right after the Super Bowl, you saw lots of idiotic conspiracy theories.

Reaction Score
Not surprised most picked Iowa. They looked real good vLSU. 38% 3pt % is really good and that’s not just CC that’s the whole team. At some point gotta think lack of depth is gonna catch us.
UConn plays much better team defense than LSU does. Having Van Lith on CC was a disaster. Geno will have them locked in. The key is limited the uncontested layups off of CC assists. That killed LSU also. UConn will be more disciplined, I hope. I like their chances. UConn matches up well against them

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pssh, that's just the kind of thing I would expect one of them to post.

Reaction Score
UConn plays much better team defense than LSU does. Having Van Lith on CC was a disaster. Geno will have them locked in. The key is limited the uncontested layups off of CC assists. That killed LSU also. UConn will be more disciplined, I hope. I like their chances. UConn matches up well against them
LSU was a mess this year. I thought they had the best chance of any team to beat SC but also thought they could be picked off at any time.
UConn has played inspired ball throughout the post season and I agree they match up real nicely. It’s really just our depth that concerns me. Enjoy the game!

Reaction Score
Philippou: And more than that, winning their third national title in seven tournaments would cement the Gamecocks as the sport's contemporary dynasty.

Well, since three championships in seven years is considered a dynasty, then she, or someone, should come up with a different word that defines four in a row or six in eight years. A word that places that accomplishment where it belongs.

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
Discussion of husky depth problems are greatly exaggerated. Our athletes are conditioned to play 40 min, and if you check out the recent LSU v Iowa boxscore, you will note that both teams basically only played 6 players.

My biggest concern is just that this Iowa team beat big bad South Carolina last year, and just now UCLA and LSU. All 3 would terrify us due the fast guard/big front line problem. I respect Iowa for finding a way to win these games. They will come in full of confidence.

That said, I do like the matchup. If Aaliyah can dominate inside, we play good defense, have balanced scoring and shoot a reasonable %, UConn can win this.

Very excited to see a fast paced, clean, highly skilled game. Everyone enjoy a remarkable night for women's basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom