Puerto Rico Tip-Off | The Boneyard

Puerto Rico Tip-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know when they are announcing the brackets for the PR Tip-off? Last year they announced on July 16th, but I haven't seen anything yet. Teams are set at UCONN, Charleston, BC, Dayton, George Mason, West Virginia, New Mexico, and Texas A&M.

Reaction Score
How is New Mexico going to be?

Other then West Virginia any of these teams going to have a pulse next year?

Reaction Score
How is New Mexico going to be?

Other then West Virginia any of these teams going to have a pulse next year?

New Mexico lost their 3 best players in Bairstow, Kirk, and Williams, I can't see them being a tourney team. WVU looked like a surefire tourney team after last year but after losing Eron Harris & Terry Henderson I don't know about that anymore. Staten is one of the best returning PGs in the country but Harris & Henderson were both dbl digit scorers, they're probably taking another step back again. Dayton should be solid, but that's about it, in regards to the RPI this will probably be the equivalent of playing midmajors and not playing the dregs that will reck the RPI.

Reaction Score
George Mason, hmmmmm very interesting. Was anyone on our staff coaching back then? I don't think so but I could be wrong.

Weird how the only emotional connection is the fan base. Hell some of our players may not even know the history.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
I am planning to go to this tourney. I have no problem watching the Huskies romp through the field and give KO a chance to experiment with lineups and play the new guys, if that's how it goes. But the early season is always weird - I would not be surprised if we have a close game or two, whoever we play.

Reaction Score
http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2014/08/uconn-likely-to-open-puerto-rico.html

Nothing's completely set in stone yet, but it looks like UConn will face College of Charleston in its first-round Puerto Rico Tip-Off Tournament game on Nov. 20 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

We're hearing UConn, Charleston, Dayton and Texas A&M will be on one side of the bracket, with Boston College, New Mexico, George Mason and West Virginia on the other.

Reaction Score
It's kind of funny how our schedule has inverted from what it was in the previous decade.

In the 2000's, we'd play top, national teams in the pre-season tournaments, fill the rest of our OOC with cupcakes, and contend with a lot of "middle class" teams in conference.

Next year, we only get "middle class" quality teams in the pre-season tournament, the rest of our OOC is loaded with top teams, and our conference schedule is cupcakes.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Will Dayton be any good next year? Otherwise it looks like UConn could sleepwalk to the final vs WVU/any other

Reaction Score
This pool of teams is terrible

Still should get 2 decent enough games on a neutral court.

You just never know. Last year we had neutral court wins over Maryland, Indiana and BC plus a road win at Washington.....and none of those wins were considered impressive on Selection Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom